Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Progress on Labor Day Madness

 It does not look like much but I have been making progress on this quilt. I had a quarterly meeting on Zoom this morning and I was able to get a little hand quilting in. I believe I have 15 of 35 blocks left to hand quilt and of those, 6 to unpick still. Lots of progress made since Sunday's post.



I had company while I attended my video meeting this morning. It's a tough dog life! My meeting started later than I was thinking so I was able to get a walk in with him this morning.


The Carnita's I was making yesterday did not get done in time for dinner last night (Aidan and I had baked flounder with potato and green beans, and Emily made stir fried rice for her and her Dad). Note to self - when you buy the 10 pound pork butt on sale (for $1.29 a pound!), cook it overnight or it will never get done! It did turn out yummy from the bits I taste tested when I pulled it late last night. I have a 13x9 and a 9x9 glass container packed full of the meat and sauce. What we don't eat tonight, I'll seal for the freezer. They make great taco's and enchiladas. 


3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh boy the life of dogs and cats!!!! Your quilt is coming along,even with all the unpicking before you can stitch--
weather is better this week--no real strange storms--all sunshine!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It looks like your hand quilting on hubby's quilt is going along nicely, and adding lots of pretty texture! The carnitas meat sounds yummy - good that you have lots of it. Is that what's for dinner tonight?

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

LOL - that was a big roast wasn't it!