Sunday, April 30, 2023

Windy Sunday

 I think the storms have all passed and luckily we never had bad ones after Tuesday. Just thunderstorms and rain, which we needed. 

I have made a little progress on hubby's quilt. I now have 12.5 blocks hand quilted, 9 left to unpick and that leaves 14 to quilt. Lots of progress from last week as the unpicking takes a while on each block. I have been fixing as I go as well for a few tears and seam pulls. 


A non-reply blogger asked about the pattern. This quilt is called Labor Day Madness in the Nickel Quilts book below. I collected green, brown and cream fabrics to make this quilt.





It was a year ago today that this guy was added to the family! Boy does time fly. From the very strong and willful boy he was on a leash, training and patience has worked and I have been walking him by myself for the last few months. No chasing after squirrels, turkeys or bunnies we see on our walks. He does try to go quickly to get past the dogs in their yards, but is a lot better than he was and I am comfortable walking him by myself. He is 72 pounds of muscle!


Bear 4/30/2022.
Earlier this week - not spoiled at all. Squeaky ball, lambie and a bone with a quilt to lay on. I'll also be doing dog stuffed animal surgery today to patch up moose, tiger and the dragon so they can be added back into his toy box for play time.











6 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

So glad to hear you are safe and that you got the much needed rain. It was supposed to rain here today, but it has held off. Your quilt is looking amazing. I hope you enjoy your day quilting, Deb.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deb for the name of the book where your husbands quilt came from. Have it in my cart to order. Can't believe it's already been a year that you've had Bear. Yes, time really does fly. Really enjoy your blog and seeing all your projects.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like your quilt repair project is moving right along! I have that book, but have not paid enough attention to all the great designs that are in it. That's a neat one! Happy gotcha day to Bear - he looks very content there!

Deb A said...

You are very welcome for the book name and pattern. Thank you for reading and commenting! Hope you enjoy the book. There are lots of fun patterns in there.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I think I have that book - glad the bad stuff missed you the thunderstorms are bad enough at times

CathieJ said...

I am so glad that your repair of your husband's quilt is moving along. I have done dog toy repair often for my daughter's pup. Now they just let her destroy a toy every once in a while. She is part terrier. Have a good week.