Saturday, April 22, 2023

Saturday in purple

 Starting off with the dog curled up on the quilt I am unpicking the machine quilting in the middle and replacing with hand quilting of each block. Curled up with Lambie his stuffed animal from Easter.


I did get the second kite block completed and there were some 1.5 inch left on the backing so I cut it to size and made a couple of these little blocks as leaders and enders.


Then I found the basket of purple and started with some random sewing for some crumb blocks.


The finish this week was of the Garden Path quilt. I made the majority of the blocks last year with this challenge. It finished at 48x60.


Linking up with the RSC.

The dog got a walk with Em and Greg and I. Greg and I checked out the floor plan of a house being built near us - with an in-law suite. Time for a shower before taking Emily to horses. I think I am taking a break from riding until fall when it gets cooler.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pets do love quilts! Apparently Bear loves his new stuffie, too! Looks like you have some pretty purple scraps, Deb - love those kite blocks and the little extras you got from them, too. Garden Path is a beautiful finish!

Sara said...

That quilt is so pretty! Wow!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the amazing finish! I adore the photo of snuggle time with Lambie!

Jenny said...

So nice to see your dog curled up on the quilt with his lambie. The quilt top looks good.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the Garden Path finished off so nice! congrats on the finish

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

I love the Garden Path quilt! Very pretty and the colors are so vibrant and really blend together!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty PURPLE blocks, Deb! Congrats on finding more scraps to play with. Kudo on finishing up that gorgeous UFO quilt, too!!