Thursday, April 13, 2023

Snowmen

 


I'm so happy I got a mystery box of fabric from Missouri Star Quilt Co last year. While looking for fabrics to finish this quilt I found a couple of snowflake batiks. I had enough blue for sashing and got that cut. Hmmmm... cornerstones. I didn't want the white. I pulled a dark blue but didn't like it. I dug in the box.... found a perfect blue in there! 


I'll work on sewing these up before I decide how to finish it. I trimmed the blocks to 8x10.5 so right now it will be 30.5x50. 
I've been stuck on making meals the last few weeks. Since the kids took the few ham pieces left from Easter for lunch Monday, I had to start from scratch.
Monday we did roasted veggies and Italian sausage with penne pasta and leftover rolls.
Tuesday was taco meat, so I did a taco salad with guacamole on the side.
Wednesday, hubby was making a brisket but it was not ready for dinner. I pulled some boneless skinless chicken thigh from the freezer and added a bunch of spices and baked them with some rosemary roasted potato. It was a keto curried chicken that we loved but I had not made in a long time.
Tonight is brisket sandwiches with either potato salad or roasted potato (the big pan disappeared too quickly last night) and salad.

Off to sew before I need to go get the kids.

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, look at those Frosties! You found the perfect sashing fabric for them - so cute. Your meals sound yummy! I'm in a cooking rut lately, too - the brisket sandwiches sound really good!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Love all that blue--and am glad you found just the right fabrics in a goody box--I find that when I order fabric online and when it comes and I am not 'happy' with it at the time--sometimes later it is just the right fabric I need for a job!!! We finally got a little rain here--but still need some more!! I only got to sew on Wednesday--as I am spring cleaning this week--so such fun!!!lol
hugs, di

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the sashing is just right for the snowmen. You are so good for meal planning - me around 2 Pm I am trying to figure out what I will cook and what needs to defrost quickly

Ray and Jeanne said...

More proof that stashes are important!!! You had the perfect fabric! ~Jeanne

Julierose said...

Your snowmen are coming together so beautifully; love that blue batik surround you chose. Nice work hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love reading menu items...always gives me an idea of what to get for supper. So the MSC mystery box is worth it? I've often been tempted to get it. They have the wonderful policy of just $10 shipping to Canada so I use them mostly. That blue works perfectly with your snowmen. Hope you and the family have a great weekend.

scraphappy said...

The snowmen blocks look beautiful! Another quilt getting close to a finish. Your meal planning made me hungry. Sounds like you will all be eating well this week