Sunday, April 2, 2023

Spring 2023 UFO Challenge.

Not many came off the list last quarter but a few did. I might have found more projects while looking for something so I added them to the list. Bonnie hunter mysteries and a Judy Martin 30s log cabin quilt I had cut out 10 years ago and have yet to start sewing it!


 1.) I know I have at least one more cut somewhere to fill that open spot for a 7x6 setting. These are hand pieced.... and might need a little fixing along the way on some of those middle joins. Just ordered some kona solids for an alternate block for these to become a quilt.



 2.) Hexagon flowers on a black background. These are a stack of blocks I hand pieced a few years ago then hand appliqued to the black background a couple years after that!  Not sure if they will become one or two quilts....



3.) Midget Applique quilt from Sentimental Stitches. I need to add more flowers and leaves and the vines... and the bottom yellow border. This one is completely hand pieced.


4.) Ella Maria Deacon blocks - make a few more and finish them off into a top. I believe I was making these by hand. Patterns from Sentimental Stitches.



5.) Purple applique hearts... need to figure out how they want to be set. They think they want a nine patch alternate block in a white and solid purple. I'm not sure if I should listen to them?



6.) Midget block collection - I started these in Vermont in 2010! I have a light blue for sashing.



7.) Civil War Blocks



8.) Birds in the Air block collection

9.) Harmony - hand pieced project started March 2021- one 28 inch block completed - 3 to go.




10.) Erin's Butterfly - I made the wings in 2021.  Need to add one more set of wings... thinking 9 is a nice number?




11.) Garden Path blocks - a few more got added last quarter. missing light green. I made 2 orange during the orange month. I need a couple of bright greens to round this one out. Completed 4/16/23.





12.) Full Stop Sew along.... 2021 . Re thinking this one - might eliminate some of the white space and make a few more of some.....????



13.) 16 patch blocks from RSC2022 - these are becoming scrap jar blocks.




14.) mostly cut out and some 9 patches are made. Hehe... from the first quilting book I had and made a quilt from. Introduction to Quilting 101 - the basics by Sharon Hultgren. I think this was Sunrise Surprise! The four patch from this book is at my Mom's hanging over a crib still!



15.) I forgot I had this. It is a cute birdhouse wall hanging but is foundation pieced, which I dislike. Maybe I can deal with it enough to get this done? Or rework it?

16,) This is a kit I purchased mid-90s - butterfly's. I think all the parts are there and I did start arranging them.

17.) Quilters Patch. A sew along that I completely did not meet my goals on in 2022. One block is done.


18.) Scrappy Flowering Snowball - I started cutting these with my accuquilt from scraps with the color of the month in 2020. I think it is time to start stitching them together. I see I need some orange added and purple and lots of lights!

 


19.) Bittersweet Briar






20) Brimfield Awakening EPP. I did start this and have the first fabric thread basted in purple!

21.) Bonnie Hunter Mystery - On Ringo Lake - maybe step #2?



22) Bonnie Hunter Mystery - Grassy Creek (2020) Think I am on step #4.



23.) Frosty McChill. Put these snowmen into a quilt. There are 12 of them in total that are done.






24.) 30's log cabin tulip quilt.



Quilt Tops: 
25) Cat and mouse is on the frame in process of hand quilting but has been sadly neglected.



26) Vermont Quilt Festival Booth Hop from either 2008 or 2009.  it is 71x71.



27.) Green Tumblers - a hand pieced top. 



**28.) Baby Bear Paw quilt top. Made back from a class in 1999 I think from Yankee Pride.  Hand quilting started 9/27/22.



29.) Trip around the World - 2 inches hand pieced. 60x60.



30.) Y2K Joann's BOM - quilt top



31.) 1857 Quilt Along Top



32.) Spring Hexagons - not sure if this wants to be bigger or not.... 




33.) Triple Irish Chain - green. 80x80 I think. I did find both fabrics extra with it... Might need a green or cream border first or both... Made in the early 2000's. circular feathers in open spaces.


























2 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Oh my - plenty to you yo finish without starting more :)

Astrid said...

WOW! I got exhausted just reading/looking through your list! All gorgeous projects to work on. I've been so busy with the pink as well as the green quilts for the kids, hence UFOs have been set aside. Hope to do better this month!