Sunday, April 2, 2023

Weekend....

 It has been an interesting few days! Thursday, I got my permanent crown placed and had another cavity filled. It finally stopped hurting by the crown yesterday, lots of taking it in and out really annoyed the gums around that area. 

Friday, Emily texted me around 1PM (school gets out at 3:45) saying her throat hurt to swallow and she felt really cold when she moved. I walked into hubby's room and sent him to go pick her up from school since I was working. She did not want to go to the nurse since she thinks they only send people home if they vomit. She fell asleep on the way home and I clocked her temp at 102 when I checked on her! Her fever is down today to just slightly elevated by a couple of degrees, her ear hurts and her throat as well. She is all stuffed up as well, so a good head cold. She will probably be home from school tomorrow. I cancelled her horses on Saturday, so she has been sleeping a lot this weekend.

The boy had F1 racing this weekend. The race was in Australia, so he watched qualifying first thing Saturday morning and then the race first thing this morning. It really was run in the early AM hours so we watched it after the fact. Quite a race as well. Very exciting and he was happy to cheer on Alonso to another 3rd place finish. 

I had a Girl Scout event for appreciation of the adult volunteers last night at Painting with a Twist. It was a lot of fun. I wish I had made that yellow/white area smaller or my well bigger so it covered the light yellow on top. Oh well. The magic wishing well makes me smile.

I got the garden path blocks sewn together into a top today. I had used my 2.5 inch strip die to cut some sashings, but when I laid them out it just did not look good. I need to press this still, but it is measuring about 47 inches by 59 inches.

I also added the binding to my ABC Table Scraps Challenge today. I ended up hand stitching it down since I completely forgot to do it by machine this time. I had an Unfinished Block hanging around in greens that decided to become a little table mat for the table I made in 8th grade that sits next to my recliner. A few of my things I have been using this weekend. My change purse that holds my scissors, thread and needles. Seam rippers, for the next project and my water and YLI blue thread for hand quilting on the Bear Paw.


Speaking of that next project. I made hubby a quilt back in 2008 and it has been used a lot! I did a little binding fixing this week and now am working on unpicking the machine quilting from the middle sections. It is not holding up well, not sure if it is my terrible machine skills, the thread or a mixture of both but I'm slowly working on unpicking it and I'll add some simple machine quilting back to just hold it down. This was a pattern from the Nickle Quilts Book.

A photo of the quilt top back in 2008.


Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers (even if it is the unstitching variety for me today!).





11 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So sorry to hear your girl is sick -I would have sent someone with a fever that high home! Hope she's better today. That's a pretty painting! Sounds like a fun appreciation event. Garden Path is looking good and your table mat is the perfect way to use up an unfinished block!

Julierose said...

It's been a busy weekend for you!!:)))
the F1 Grand Prix was just amazing with those 3 red flags...
i did a bit of slow stitching on my little slow stitching project but that is all I have done this week...cannot seem to get my energy back yet...
Your quilt is so pretty--I always have trouble finding borders that I really like...
Hope your daughter is feeling better
hugs, Julierose

CathieJ said...

You have been very busy this past week. I hope Emily is feeling better. Garden Path is very quickly. I am glad that you are able to fix your husband's pretty quilt.

Astrid said...

Speedy recovery to your girl, hope she's doing better today. Your painting is beautiful, love the well. Great finish and use of the unfinished block. Love your Garden Path, so pretty. I have a quilt to be fixed too, it has been used a lot and threads are breaking. I think I used not so good quality polyester thread, the only available thread here (don't get cotton thread).

Ray and Jeanne said...

Hope your girl is feeling better and no one else falls ill. I admire your patience to unpick your husbands quilt. It will be worth it, to have a quilt that holds. Once in a while my tension is off - the unpicking is easy then. The Garden Path quilt is looking great! ~Jeanne

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope Emily is better this week. One would think they would check temperatures when they say they feel sick! The quilt looks great

Vicki in MN said...

Garden Path is so pretty!!!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Sorry to hear you have been coping with some illness. My grandson Jack loved going to the office saying he was sick when he was in primary school. He loved the little cot and the secretary making a fuss over him. And of course, having his mother pick him up. Daughter had to talk to the secretary about letting him have a little lie down, then send him back to class, LOL
Great job on that painting and good luck with the repairs. Lovely quilt, btw.

Annie said...

Your green table scraps mat is a perfect little padding for your table. Your quilts both look awesome.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Dear Emily--so sorry to hear you are not feeling well--but with your mom's good care--you will get better--has she made you some chicken broth soup yet???
Well--Mom-nice quilt top--and now we move to working with purple and when I get off here--I am headed to the fabric shelves to see just what I have in purples!!
Take care--Hugs, di

The Joyful Quilter said...

Well, that certainly was a full post, Deb! You got the Rainbow quilt together? It's SEW wonderful! Nice use of that Unfinished block for the ABC (Table) SCRAPS Challenge. Feel better, Em!!