Monday, April 17, 2023

Frosty progress....

 I got a little sewing time in Monday night and got the sashing and cornerstones machine quilted. It was a start! I think I am going to mark some cross hatching on the diagional for each of the frosty's and hand quilt them. 



I missed the post indicating there was no scouts tonight, so we headed there (17 minutes from home). Emily wants a new dress for graduation, and did not find anything with Grandma so we tried Bells and Bells Outlet. Nothing. I'll have to ask around for good places to get nice dresses for teens from a few of my girl scout friends. We got home early and it was still light, so Bear got a walk and then for a treat, I did a little car ride with him and Emily. We just went 7 minutes up the road and took the back roads back. He was a happy dog sniffing with his nose and head out the window! 

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always hated shopping for party dresses with the girls - it was always so hard to find something it seemed! Good luck

Julierose said...

Frosty will be so pretty hand quilted;))
Ohhh shopping for party dresses for girls can be really difficult. finding just the right one and all;)))
Hope you have good luck hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Frosty's are looking good--
Mine is on hold--I have the top done, batting and backing all cut--but then needed to do some spring cleaning--I am nearly done--just need to do some shopping and later mop the kitchen floor--then I am on vacation for the next 8 days while my daughter from Ill is here--but there may be time to get it basted, I am out of hand quilting--believe it or not--I miss working on a piece of hand quilting in the evenings--but am knitting on the baby sweaters--so I do have something to keep my hands busy!!!!
hugs, di

Quilter Kathy said...

Cross hatch will be great on this embroidery quilt!