Saturday, April 15, 2023

Slow Sunday stitching

 I spent a bunch of the day in the sewing room Saturday. I got 2 quilts pinned and one quilt quilted! I reached into my mystery box of fabric again to search for a binding and pulled out a mottled blue - turns out it was a wide backing off cut with fabric color ranging from dark blue/purple to light. I thought the multi colors would work great with this colorful quilt. I did a simple wiggle with the walking foot every 4 inches or so. I was able to make and attach the binding and was hand stitching it down Saturday night while rewatching some Harry Potter Movies. I have one side left to stitch down, which I'll work on Sunday.


I pulled various clips to hold the binding down as I was stitching it. I found that little paper clips like the purple ones work great. I got them on sale around back to school time a couple of years ago.


I needed just a little wider for the extra batting to fit the Frosty quilt. So I zig zagged some I cut off when trimming the above quilt, and it became the perfect size.


Frosty is quick pinned.  I hope to get some machine quilting in on this Sunday as well, since that batik snowflake would be hard to hand quilt. I am not sure if I'll add any hand quilting around the frosty's or not. I think this will be a wall hanging - and using warm and natural it won't need a lot of quilting to keep it together. I have enough of the blue cornerstone fabric left to make a binding for this. I'll be linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers.


8 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Look at you getting all that sewing done! Way to go! I need to get some UFO’s quilted and bound….you are inspiring me! Great quilts!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

almost two finishes that is great and they both look good too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful almost finishes!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You are on a roll! That binding definitely looks perfect for the finished quilt. Loving the look of your Frosties, too. When finishing mine, I did some machine quilting through all the sashings and then hand-quilted around each snowman block, and I'm not happy with it! The snowmen are kind of puffy. I'm thinking of taking the hand quilting out and doing something else, but not sure what. You'll have to show us what you end up doing!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Deb both of your quilts look fabulous and I am so excited to see Frosty. It is so beautiful in blues. Thank you again for stitching it. I am very honored. Great idea on the office clips for binding. I am going to have to invest in some of those as well. Have a lovely day and a great week.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Deb, both of your quilts are so beautiful. It is so exciting to see your progress on Frosty. I just adore it in blues.Thank you so much for stitching my little embroideries. I am so honored. I hope you have a lovely evening quilting. Have a great week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Go, Deb, go!! One UFO nearly completed and another right behind it. SEW glad to see you were able to get in some good sewing time this weekend!

Jenny said...

Your blue multi colour fabric used for the binding looks great, it's always so satisfying to get those bindings stitched down. Your Frosties are coming along well, another finish coming up fast, it seems.