Thursday, May 4, 2023

RSC - Scrap Jars

 I pulled out some orange and my 16 patch orange block and got to work on it this week. I pulled the black one as well since I had cut out the white parts for 2 already last month. Lets just say... I might have forgotten how I was assembling them! I could not figure out why I didn't have the 2.5 inch squares in white cut.... so I promptly cut those out along with the squares in black and orange. Well.... I seemed to have forgotten I was putting a half square triangle there in the corners! Oops! I got a couple of four patches instead. I did not have enough of the black paw prints to get 4 triangles, so I had to dig in the stash and find another black. Not shown, the 4 big triangles in black that I cut out first. You know, the part that should be white! Sigh....


I did manage to get through the errors and have both the orange and the black scrap jars completed for the month. I need a twin size quilt that I said I would make to donate to a charity this summer. I am thinking these blocks would make a great quilt for that since they are nice and big finishing around 16 inches.... so, I might just finish off making them this month. I checked and I only need to make a brown 16 patch block to go with the 5 others I have in the block container. I have a red, yellow, light blue, teal and a green... and a cream and another teal but I think the cream would not work in this quilt and 4 blues would be too much. 


I'll be sharing these on Saturday with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge where we are playing with orange.

8 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your 16 patch stars are going to make a beautiful quilt! I love them in any color. The triangle corners are a fun design addition, too!

Julierose said...

Sometimes it's hard to recall what you were making, isn't it? I love the 16-patch stars, so pretty...a fun F-1 weekend coming up;))) Hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

That is going to be such a fun quilt. I hate it when I forget how to make blocks that I have made so many times before. Glad you found another black though.

grammajudyb said...

Scrap jar stars are blocks on my to-do list! One of these days, I’ll finish enough UFOs, that I’ll be able to justify starting another project! LOL

Susan said...

Looking good. I like the black with the oranges in the square center.

Jenny said...

Nice big blocks certainly help a quilt top come together quickly.

Helenchaffin said...

the star blocks are coming together beautifully,luv the triangle additions

Barwitzki said...

Nice... I like :-)
Many greetings to you and have fun for you.