Sunday, June 25, 2023

Hand work

 I successfully kept my title of queen of procrastination!

I rolled the quilt onto the boards around 4pm last night. The quilt got pinned and just quick straight line quilting down the quilt about every 4 inches on the twin size. I made and attached the binding to the front and finished around 9:30 pm. Then I figured I should pack! Kids have a leave time of 9am today. 


Twin size scrap jar quilt. I needed to get this done so I can hand it off while up in Vermont to the homeless shelter. I'll work on hand stitching the binding in evenings while traveling up to Vermont this week.

I'm also bringing the snowmen to show mom. I made and attached the binding to this as well. I did some machine quilting on this but plan to hand quilt the squares with a cross hatch.

The animals know something is up. Hubby is staying home with them. Let's hope they all get fed and plenty of attention over the next 3 weeks!



6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

annual trip to cooler weather - have fun! What do you plan to see along the way this time?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Have happy and safe travels, Deb! Whatever handwork you get done will just be a bonus!

Julierose said...

You got a lot done--prep for traveling is always very time consuming...ticking those items off the list always feels good though;))
I love that snowman quilt--so cute...I hope you have a safe and easy trip to
VT--Maybe you could bring us some warmer weather on your way??:)))
Hugs, Julierose

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Caught up now. Chickens grow fast which is good. How wonderful to have fresh eggs. Your Bear Paw quilting is lovely. I think the neck light would be great for your Mom and Dad; they are easy to use too. They could probably use them for other tasks too. So happy you have some time off and I hope it all goes well at camp. It sounds like you are very organized and have thought of everything. Just love reading about these busy days of yours.

Quilter Kathy said...

So great that you have projects to enjoy on your travels... hope you remember to pack some clothes! LOL

Moneik said...

I'm a procrastinator as well. Glad you were able to get them to this stage to take with you.