Sunday, June 11, 2023

Slow Sunday

 I gathered the eggs yesterday and didn't crack one this time! I tend to give them some mealworms when I go in their area to check for eggs. The girls were gobbling them up. They tend to come running when they hear the back slider move! These girls are Maple, Poppy who lays my green eggs, and DC or Daisy Chickalotta. Two Plymouth Rocks and an Easter Egger. We had to put up a strong fence for them last year after getting the dog. They have the back woods area of our lot - plenty of space to explore for bugs!



Emily rode yesterday in the very hot sun. I don't think they got on until close to 11:30 and it was hot, humid and full sun. Red faces and lots of water. The horse was getting a wash down after riding before being put back into his stall. This is Lance, who was a Racehorse at one time. 



Well, the garden is growing weeds wonderfully! We do have this surprise plant that started a few weeks ago outside the garden so we let it go to see what it would do. Well, it is taking over and going crazy! We are not really sure what it is, but it is huge. Imagine the size of a big leaf over a pumpkin or gourd, it is that size! There is another smaller one up the vine a bit as well. 


I picked up the bear paw quilt last night while watching the NHL game on tv. Sadly, the Panthers lost and are down in the series 1-3. I am almost done with the feather on this little baby quilt. I decided to stop at a local quilt store yesterday and see if they had needle minders. They had one, so I got it to try it out. It is pretty handy, when I remember to put the needle on there! Linking up with Kathy and the Slow Sunday Stitchers.




8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks like a squash variety or a light color pumpkin doesn't it.

Angela said...

Your quilting is gorgeous!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad the chickens are laying for you, and Emily's getting to ride, too, in spite of the heat! Looks like you're making good progress on the quilting. I don't have a needle minder, but probably need one. I've dropped my needle a time or two!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful stitching!

Linda said...

Nothing like the taste of fresh eggs, looks like it will be a squash of some sort.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

New habits are hard to retrain ourselves sometimes--like with you needle minder--but keep at it and it will become a habit--!!!
Happy Sunday--off to do my post soon--hugs, di

Kim said...

Lance is a handsome fellow. I think I need a needle minder. I cannot tell you how many times I find a needle where it shouldn't be. Your quilting on the baby quilt is lovely.

Julierose said...

What a lovely feather pattern you quilted--I have trouble getting needle minders apart--the magnet always has ideas of its own!!:(((
Boy I'll bet those fresh eggs are yummy...
hope the rest of your Sunday is a good one Hugs, Julierose