Friday, June 23, 2023

RSC in lights - blue and green

 I have not been home much the month of June, and I'm heading out again this weekend. That does not leave much time to sew with a machine. I did take an hour Thursday and cut and sewed up some kites in light blues and light greens. I think it takes longer to pick out the 4 fabrics than it does to cut and sew them together! 

 I don't think I'll get to the split nines this month. The scrap jars were finished off already, I just need to finish this post and then roll the top, backing and batting onto the boards so I can pin it.

 I hope to get it machine quilted tomorrow and a binding made and attached to the front after I bring Emily to horses in the morning. I can hand stitch it down on the way to Vermont or once we get to camp. Temps in the 50's at night  there,so it will be perfect to snuggle under while adding those last stitches. I hope to hand it off the week of July 4th to the person collecting it for the Homeless Shelter in Barre Vermont. 

Mom mentioned an animal got into one of the pillows on the couch and a little tear in part of the couch at camp over the winter. Project #1! I grabbed some thread to match the couch and needles and put it into the 'to go' bag. Note to self - they are in with the EPP Brimfield kit. Might have grabbed some possible fabrics as well! 

I was watching Doc Hollywood last night and added some hand quilting into the bear paw. A little progress every night is moving this one along. I'll probably bring this with me along with my new neck light as the lighting at camp is horrible. I might have Mom try it at night going up/down the stairs to light up the way a bit better. If she likes it, I'll leave it with her and order one for my Dad as well. The stairs are narrow and rickety and they are in their 80's. The family has added grab bars and hand rails at both the house and camp but I think the neck light will help out a lot. I hope I can get them to give it a try and see if it helps. 


Linking up Saturday with the RSC


8 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

love your stars! it looks great.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

The kite blocks are gorgeous as is your Split Nine Patch. I hope you have a wonderful and productive weekend.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

You prove that each step moves you forward. Love how you problem solve ways to keep stitching despite all your traveling hither and thither.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Boy do I know what you mean about matching fabric and how long it takes--and then when I get the project done I often wonder--'why' did I chose these fabrics!!!!! Your blocks are looking good--and I hear next month's color will be red!!
hugs. di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The neck lights sound like a great idea for your folks! Good luck getting the scrap jar stars ready to go, and have a good trip tomorrow. Hope you will share Vermont photos!

Jenny said...

It's TRUE that a little hand quilting each day, just like knitting a few rows, gives the projects along, slowly but surely.

Mari said...

I have stitched many a binding in the car. It certainly makes the miles go a little faster. Have a wonderful trip!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Kudos for carving out some Light BLUE and Light GREEN sewing time, Deb! Best of luck with the basting and quilting of your Scrap Jar Stars.