Sunday, May 5, 2024

A relaxing Sunday.

 I was able to finally relax with some hand quilting this week and it felt so good! I finally finished off the quilting in the dark blue cat and moved onto this teal one. It appears I am doing circles/fans or straight lines in alternate cats on this one. 



On the last day of April - was the anniversary of us adding Bear to the family 2 years ago. He was a shelter rescue and has fit in well to his family. I got him this duck toy that arrived yesterday. He was so funny when he saw it this morning in the living room - tail wagging happy dog.



It is still blueberry season in Florida, and I got up early yesterday and went and picked a little under 4 pounds. They have one more week. I hope to go next Saturday as well... since the girl and I seem to be grabbing a handful every time we go past the kitchen. I looked at the sign and they are $4.50 a pound for self pick. After running all day yesterday, I am looking forward to puttering around at home today.


Now to enjoy the yogurt scones that just came out of the oven with a few berries on top!


Linking up with the Slow Sunday Stitchers.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I will be glad if my blueberries look like that when they ripen - should be beginning of June but they don't look anywhere near close right now

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those blueberries look so yummy! Freshly picked fruit is always the best. Hope you get some time for your quilting this afternoon!

Astrid said...

Nothing better than a relaxing day at home. Cute cat quilt. Blueberry season; I used to pick wild blueberries (Norway), they were so tasty. Your scones sounds yummy.

Kim said...

Yum, a bucket of blueberries to enjoy. Those quilted cats are looking lovely.

CathieJ said...

My mouth is now watering for some scones and blueberries. Your quilting is looking wonderful. Happy Gotcha Day to Bear!

Ray and Jeanne said...

So glad you had some good relaxing time! The blueberries look wonderful and I might have to try your scone recipe. Thanks. ~Jeanne