Thursday, May 30, 2024

Split nines is finished!

 


Split nines was made with 2.5 inch squares each month in a color from the RSC and finishes at 48x54. Simple blue binding from the cut off backing and it is done. I was too lazy to piece a few of the celestial backing parts together, so cut into some blue floral print backing instead. 
This guy got finished off last night and my off center photo was taken this morning before it hit melting stage outside.

We headed over to visit my FIL this morning and caught him while he was at Rehab. After a little visit when he was back in his room, we checked the house. With my new to me car, I backed it out of the driveway and onto the lawn/road and jumped out to close the garage door and check the mail. It is a good thing I tried the door to the vehicle before Greg pulled away with his Dad's car as I was locked out with the car running! Sigh. We had to pop home to get the extra key and then drive back. Got there... and the key fob needs a battery@$#!$#@. Hubby played with it and if you push a little button and pull, out pops a hidden key for the door! Who knew? We got into the car, and I was able to continue with my day. I gassed it up (we live 45 minutes away!) and hit Joann's as my reward. I needed fabrics for a baby boy quilt for my niece who is due in July. No clue what to make... I had planes and trucks in my cart... then found the Kona on sale. Picked some basic colors... then back to the fabric aisle. I opted for dinosaurs and changed out a few of the solids for different tones. I'll come up with something. I'm thinking of surrounding a square of dinosaur fabric with the various solids but could change my mind. We will see what happens.



6 comments:

a good yarn said...

Split Nines looks terrific! At least the car drama was sorted in the end and the trios to Joann’s was a nice treat.

Julierose said...

Congrats on your lovely finish of the split Nines--it turned out beautifully, Deb;))
Oops--sorry about that key thing--we tried to change the battery on one of our fobs and paid dearly for the replacement one!! We just couldn't get it together...Glad it worked out for you...
Hugs, Julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Split 9s looks wonderful! I love that layout. It's so exciting to have a new car, but there's always lots to learn! Glad you got it figured out this time. Have fun with the baby quilt!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Congrats on the finish! It looks great. Our key fobs have keys inside too. After they open the door, we have to tap them on the push button starter to start the car. Some of these things just aren't common sense/knowledge! Looking forward to the dinosaur quilt. ~Jeanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

THis is a great finish, Deb. Amazing with all you do! I still don't know all the things our car offers and this is almost 3 years in. Your header quilt always makes me smile...so joyful.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have not checked my key fob but I think it is supposed to be something like you found yours - I should check that