Friday, May 3, 2024

RSC in pink and yellow!

 Since I did not get any yellow sewing in last month, I'll do both pink and yellow this month!

I got a little sewing time in on Thursday morning and cut and pieced 4 chicken blocks. I even remembered to do the big part of the chicken correctly, so I didn't have to modify the parts to make it work! I had that purple one right next to the machine for reference as I stitched.  I did 2 in yellow and 2 in pink. I might make a few more of these later in the month if there is time. The red part is 3-D. 


I had the parts cut out and in process for 2 more of the potato chip blocks so those got stitched while I was doing the chickens above. I think I will get out my 2.5 inch strip die and cut a bunch from the stash wall so I have a variety of fabrics to choose from. I'll go through the white bin as well and try and get some usable parts cut. It is overflowing and needs taming.


Linking up on Saturday with the RSC. Head on over and see what scraps are turning into.

The boy has 2 Cambridge college level tests today and then a review after school for Mondays exam. He said the math one was a killer yesterday and all their brains were fried after it. He thinks he did poorly, but we will see what the results are in August. This is one that gets sent over the pond for grading at Cambridge. He got invited to a surprise moving away party at the middle school this evening for his old Robotics teacher. He is moving north and will be teaching elementary next year in the Carolina's and starting a Robotics program at his new school. A bunch of the kids from high school who were in his classes are planning to attend and wish him well. He had them for 3 years in middle school with the robotics program and the boys helped out at the after school program with him last year for volunteer hours and helped at a few local tournaments the last 2 years for him.

Hopefully I can get a little yard work done this weekend. Pull some old bushes and plant new flowers, trim some hedges back and just tidy up before the humidity hits the crazy levels and I hibernate in the AC for the summer!



6 comments:

Julierose said...

Just love those "funky" chickens!! So funny and cute--(are you old enough to you remember that dance? = "the funky chicken? ) Life was so much simpler back then...
I also like your potato chip blocks--really coming together so well...
I hope your weekend allows you time to do some more sewing...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't know if I will get to the pink this month I need to concentrate on two things and get them done.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your chickens are so cute! The potato chip blocks are pretty in those scrappy colors, too. I like how you have them laid out in that photo where the pinwheel forms at the corners. Hope the test results turn out good for your boy - does that help him get college credits? My kids both did that in high school and that was really helpful!

Sara said...

The chickens are adorable! Good luck to the boy on his exams.

Jenny said...

I love your chicken blocks!

ButterZ said...

Cute chickens. Then will look great in the CHOOKSHED or hen house