Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sunday

Yesterday I finally decided on a backing for the split nines quilt. I cut it and the batting and did a little pinning. I decided to try a pre-programmed stitch on my machine and got 2 lines done before the needle broke. That told me to turn off the light and call it a day. I'll head back in soon and see if I can get this completed this afternoon.


I did get some hand quilting in on this cat while the F1 race was on this morning. I just need to outline the white part and then I'll have 2 cats left. Two grocery runs were completed, and meals planned for the next few days. 

These two like to curl up together. Emily decided to 'help' me and totally cleaned the master bedroom. Dusting, vacuuming and moved the furniture to vacuum under and behind it. There was a lot of cat hair as that is their territory. It was so nice to sleep in there last night. 


I've got a few hours until I need to make the sauce for the chicken to go on the grill. We call it the Weatherby sauce - from Enosburgh Falls Vermont. It is basically just butter, margarine, vinegar, water and salt. Sounds weird but oh so yummy! Great on bone in skin on chicken cooked on the grill. I have great memories of Dad manning the grill with a maxwell house glass container with holes poked in the top to hold this sauce that is boiled and then put on the chicken whenever you turn it on the grill. 
I should have some time to put in a new needle on the machine and see if I can make some progress on the split nines.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

I've been looking for a skin on bone in chicken grill recipe--what are the proportions for the sauce? Sounds yummy...
Nice that you got some sewing in today...Hugs, Julierose

Astrid said...

Never fun when needles break. I hope a new needle didn't cause any problem? Your cats are so cute, love their colors. We have two adults and one totally crazy kitten. They are very clever helping out where they should not!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you were able to get back to pinning and quilting! That is always my least favorite job, but good to get it done and make some progress. The chicken sounds yummy!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

sounds like good cooking going on!

Florida Farm Girl said...

The sauce sounds good but you say both butter and margerine. Is there a reason? I use only butter. May have to give it a try while family is visiting.