Thursday, May 2, 2024

Almost normal?

 Wednesday was a good day! I got a few stitches in on the cat last night. Progress.


The kids were a normal pick up. When I saw some frozen catfish in the freezer (when clearing out to defrost it so the noise stopped, blessedly quiet all-day Wednesday!), and a recipe card Aidan has picked up at Publix for Catfish Po'boys, his dinner was decided for Wednesday. We did stop at Publix on the way home and picked up a little more catfish so there was enough for him and Greg, and Emily and I got subs. We dislike most fish!. He did a great job doing the recipe and fying the fish. I might have changed the oil and cleaned the fryer as well. I did a little prep work for him of slicing tomato, lettuce and making a tartar sauce. 

Greg went and visited his Dad and it appears he will be in Rehab for a while. He needed a wheelchair to get to therapy yesterday so his strength will need to get built up again. 

The dog has been walked. I'm off to go pick some blueberries and then I have riding this afternoon before picking up the kids. Might I get a little stitching in? I do need to return a set of pans to UPS and fill up the chlorine jugs for the pool at Pinch and that is in the other direction. It might just be an errand day. We will see.




4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I would love to find a frozen something or other in my freezer that I could pull out for dinner - I keep looking, but nothing's there, lol! I love that your kids help with meals - that's great help now and for when they're out on their own someday, too. I hope the rehab helps your FiL - I always felt good when my mom was there that at least she would come home a little stronger.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Have fun picking blueberries--I remember those days!!! I did pick blueberries yesterday--a carton up of organic ones at Publix!!!
And I watch alot of old westerns and often find myself admiring the horses and wanting to reach out and touch them--so enjoy the riding for both of us!!
hugs, di

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Like Di, I pick my blueberries at the grocery store while dreaming of being able to actually pick them. Fond memories from home. Sounds like the fish meal was delicious. And Rehab are usually great places for rebuilding strength and gaining flexibility. Of course it will be slow going for the first while.

a good yarn said...

Catfish Po’boys sound alright. Blueberries are still exorbitant here.