Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Binding time

 I managed to get the baby quilt pinned and machine quilted on Sunday. I was about halfway through the quilting before I realized I still had the regular 1/4 inch foot instead of the walking foot. Oops.



I just did straight lines down at the intersections and then did a X through the middle of the big dinosaur blocks. I might add a little hand quilting in the colored parts after I finish hand stitching the binding down. I'll have to wait and ship if off in August, as I am flying up to Vermont tomorrow for a week visit with my parents. I did not get to spend time with them when I was up before, since Dad was in the hospital the whole time and Mom stayed at their house closer to the hospital, rather than being out at camp with us. 

I also want to add an embroidered label with the baby's name and birth date as well. Something to do when I get home.


4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Darling dinosaur quilt, Deb. I wish you a lovely visit with your parents. Safe travels.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I don't remember this one it looks great

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So glad you get to go back and visit your folks this week, Deb! They're probably looking forward to spending some more time with you. The dinosaur quilt is so fun - love the colors. You're almost there!

Julierose said...

Hope your flight up to VT will be a good one...nice that you can get to visit.
I like how the baby quilt came out--love those dino prints...nice work...
hugs, Julierose