Saturday, July 13, 2024

RSC teal

 I have yet to go into the sewing room since I got home. The yard got mowed last night and Aidan and I were working on weeding the overgrown front yard the last few evenings once the heat of the day got down a bit. You can now use the walkway to reach the front door. We got over 10 inches of rain while we were gone at the house. The back yard bushes are still crazy, but the house is a bit presentable from the road now!

I went looking for my quilting thread last night to add some stitches to the teal cat and mouse quilt. Oops, left the neutral and blue up in the yarn bag at camp. Good thing I got 2 spools of that blue and grabbed the other one from the sewing room. I added a few stitches to the sashing and marked a few more to stitch.

Turns out, when you lay the quilt on the floor, the dog comes running and sniffs the quilt (it has been away for 3 weeks) and sits pretty for a photo. My phone was not handy, but to get him off, he needed a treat.

I inspected your quilt, Mom. It is safe to work on. 



I have a list of things to do in the sewing room today after I bring Emily to horses. 
My niece was due Tuesday with a baby boy. I have yet to start that quilt.... but I do have fabrics for the top and drew out this pattern. I might mix up the colors instead of having them in a row. We will see. The goal this weekend is to get it to a top stage.

The fabrics. I have a yellow in the stash to use as well.




Since I did not get much time with Mom and really none with Dad as he was in the hospital the whole time (he is home and back to normal now!), I am flying up to Vermont later this month for a week. It seems there is a direct flight again to Burlington VT from Orlando. My little carryon fits the personal item size... so I'm doing the basic cheap flight. 

Once the baby quilt is done, I'll work on catching up with the RSC. I've got Chicken blocks and Arkansas Traveller blocks to make!

Linking up with the RSC.




8 comments:

scraphappy said...

Glad you found an extra spool of thread, having the right thing at the right place can be tricky. Having two of some things does seem to help with that. Have fun with the baby quilt! They are usually pretty quick to the finish.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

wow sounds like nothing got done in the yard while you were gone! it takes awhile to catch up. Our grass is growing long and the mower is in the shop - it will be really long before we get the machine back!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

10 inches of rain - yowie! Glad you're making some headway on those weeds, and that your boy will help. I love your colors for the baby quilt - that dinosaur print is fun! Hope you get a little slow stitching in this weekend, too.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Good to hear your dad is home again and doing well--and going back up to spend time with them sounds like a nice plan!!
Cats and dogs are always so interested in sewing and quilt projects--wonder why???
glad to hear you are getting that lawn and the weeds under control--!!!
I am taming fabric today--am cleaning out my fabric closet and have new enclosed bags to put it all in--by color mainly--to keep the smell out of them or at least that is the hope!! So I am busy today--
hugs, diane

Julierose said...

Really cute Dino fabric for the baby quilt--and those lovely brights to go with will be just perfect!!;)))
We have had rain, rain, and more rain this past week or so--Today during the morning we got an additional 1.12". It is still very dark out there and I think we are not done as yet. Something about a a storm getting stuck over our area!!!:(((
I haven't lifted one finger to my sewing for 3 days now and and withdrawal has set in--but I HAVE to rest my hands and arms....
I hope it cools down there for you...sounds like you have a whole lot of yard work to catch up on....take care and don't hurt yourself (Momma says hahaha!!)
Hugs, Julierose

a good yarn said...

That’s great fabric for the baby quilt. Good thing you passed inspection on your other quilt.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

It sounds like you have been staying busy with the "back home chores". I am sure you will get back into your routine soon. It is nice that you will be able to go back to VT and spend time with your family soon. Your cat quilt is so darling. I am so glad you found your thread so you could work on it. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

Amy said...

Such BRIGHT colors and fabrics for the baby quilt! And yes, it should never cease to amaze me at how quickly things grow a) with that much rain, and b) that much time away, yet..... I'm always amazed and surprised. Cliche or not, one day at a time. Excited for you to get back to the quilting time, all the same.