Sunday, July 21, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

 I took a day to relax yesterday and other than making gumbo for dinner last night, I sat and hand quilted! I'm happy to say the 'inside' of the cat quilt is done. Time to move onto the first border of the mice. I still need to spritz out all the blue marking lines in the sashings. When I laid the quilt out to make sure I had all of them done, someone came over to inspect it. Bear laid down for a photo. A well trained dog! (Just holding this down for you mom!)





The dog has been walked. The chickens got some seed scattered in their run. The F1 race is about to start and the boy is up and ready for the race. 
Today I need to pin and quilt a 60x60 baby quilt. I'm hoping to have some binding for hand work this evening.





9 comments:

Julierose said...

They should have let Lando win--that was so crazy!!! They had 1,2 anyway...
I think we will be hearing a lot of chatter on that this week....

Good you've finished the "inside" of your quilt--nice work--evidently your doggie approves;))))
Stay cool hugs, Julierose

Angela said...

Such a fun quilt and the dog laying on it is perfect!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! The cat and mouse quilt is really coming along. Hope you make good progress on the baby quilt today, too!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful quilt, and the dog looks comfortable!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Aaah how sweet. We used to have a dog named Bear when I was young. It looks like Bear approves of this gorgeous quilt. The little mice are adorable. I was wondering the other day how your chickens were doing and if you have had any problems with critters lately. I miss having chickens of my own. Have a lovely day, Deb. Hugs.

CathieJ said...

I like that quilt. Enjoy your stitching!

Kim said...

Bear is just keeping an eye on all those kitties. =) Isn't he a sweet fellow?? Such a fun and whimsical quilt. I can't wait to see those mice scurrying around the border

a good yarn said...

The Aussie, Oscar Piastri, wins! Bear is such a good quilt tester and quality control doggo. Keeping an eye on those cats and mice.

Jenny said...

I love the cats and mice, such a clever dog to look after them for you.