Monday, July 15, 2024

I have a baby top completed.

 This is 60x60 and needs a batting, backing and quilting. Baby appears to be overdue.... as the due date was last Tuesday and I have not heard anything yet. Each block is 10 inches finished. I hope my niece and her hubby like it. I found it much easier to wash a quilt than a carpet while the baby is on the floor playing. Aidan's monster quilt got washed about every other day for a few years. Still makes me smile when I see it on his bed. His is 60x60 as well..... my little 6 ft tall baby boy! Not bad for 16 years of usage. I hope this one gets as much use as his got.


To verify the block would come out to the correct size, I cut a 6.5 inch square from a couple of grey 10 inch squares and then some 2.5 inch strips and made 2 each of 2.5x6.5 and 2 each of 2.5x10.5. It worked.... and I might have started a new quilt. Oops!  I have had a stack of neutral 10 inch squares - lots of greys, browns, black and beige. Maybe these will be the black and greys with colors surrounding it for a throw? We will see what happens.


5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a great design for a quick baby quilt! I love the dinosaur print and coordinating colors. Even if the baby is born by the time you gift it, the family will get tons of use out of it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

always nice to get another baby quilt done and before the baby comes is a plus!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Nice cute baby quilt--wondered where you where going with the dinosaur fabric--babies have their own time table--daughter was 2 weeks late and son was 3 weeks late!!! And both were Wednesday deliveries--thought that funny too!!
It sure is humid here in Florida right now and I bet even though you are further north than me-you are still hotter there--so keep cool!!
hugs, di

Julierose said...

Neat baby quilt--I agree that washing a quilt is so much easier than the rug hahaha
So very humid and hot here these days, I just don't have any energy despite our AC...Oh for those crisp, clear Fall days.....
Hugs, Julierose

a good yarn said...

It looks great and I’m sure it will be much loved and well used.