When I was working on the borders for the black checkerboard quilt I had cut out lots of 2.5x5.5 inch rectangles of bright colors. Since they did not work as a border for that quilt, I was left with lots of scraps of bright colors. I decided it was time to make a coin quilt with them and got them all sewed up this week. I didn't have enough of any of my black prints to put in between them, so I went with a creamy white from the closet. This is currently 45x49 for a little quilt. I think it will need a simple 5 inch border to make it a wee bit bigger (55x59). I have some yards of kids prints that should work with it.
It has finally cooled off a bit (70 degrees) and the kids actually went outside to play after dinner for an hour without any whining or complaining. They entertained themselves on their play set and I got a little time to finish sewing these strips together. I really could get used to this! Now they are eating some pumpkin moose (I had the cream as antlers!) and then we'll finish their last hippy science experiment and call it pajama time.