Thursday, October 24, 2013

A completed top!

It seems I will do anything to avoid something I don't like to do. That would be pinning a huge quilt for quilting. Easy Street from Bonnie Hunters mystery last fall really needs to get completed before I start the next one Celtic Solstice..... but instead I cut and added the borders onto this bright little quilt. I found a yard of a cute dragonfly print in the closet that just works great with this bright and cheerful quilt.

It has been kid approved.


6 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love that border!

I had really hoped to take part in this year's mystery. But even machine sewing aggravates my finger. :-( Praying that my finger will heal in the next 4 weeks!!

Ellen said...

Oh Deb, it turned out so cute. The border fabric is the perfect addition!

Sheila said...

Love this colorful, fun quilt! Good going, Deb!

canuckquilter said...

Isn't it great how something simple can have such a visual impact? I love this little quilt. And I don't call it avoidance- I look at it as "clearing the decks" for the big job :)

Moneik said...

The kids look so cute on it! I have lots of things I do to avoid doing what I should be doing. That pesky wolf came off the frame and I have quilted 3 more quilts since I started it, just because I am not sure how to quilt it. There may also be 2 more quilt tops cut out and ready to be pieced this weekend. Who knows if I might get them quilted too. Avoidance is my middle name.

Teresa in Music City said...

LOL!!! I totally understand!!! But it's a cute quilt, and it had to get finished too, right?

Have you seen the challenge by Jo at Jo's Country Junction to finish a Bonnie quilt by Thanksgiving? That might be your incentive to finish up Easy Street :*) You can find it here - http://www.joscountryjunction.com/join-me-and-nell-on-a-bonnie-challenge/