Sunday, October 6, 2013

Slow stitching on a Sunday afternoon....

After a productive morning of weeding, cleaning screens and furniture on the back porch  and the litter box it was time to rest and take a break. Two were napping, one is with Grandma still and I got to sit in the recliner with Sophie (my white kitty) and get some hand quilting in on my apple quilt. I had recorded the movie Hocus Pocus last week (I just love this movie around Halloween!) and got to watch that while the house was quiet. Two are now in the chilly pool (too cold for me but Daddy is braving it with Emmy) and I suppose I need to figure out what is for dinner.



I also have to give a big Thank You to Carla for passing along some silk threads to me last week for my applique.
Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what others are working on during this slow stitch Sunday.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

I think you deserve some time for yourself! Your little apple quilt is very cute.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Great looking apple quilt! Nothing like sitting watching a movie and getting into some hand quilting. I just ordered my thread for my next hand quilting project, hope it gets here soon!

Quilter Kathy said...

So wonderful to see your apple quilting...it just makes me want to bake an apple pie! The photo of the quilt and the kitty is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up!

jan said...

I love your Apple quilt. Just in time for harvest season and christmas. The kitty is cute too.
Visiting from Slow Stitching Sunday. And I am a new follower.
xo jan@sewandsowfarm