Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tiny Tuesday...

Today I finally got an applique block completed that has been prepped since June! Yikes. Thank goodness that little bit of cream is in the seam allowance and will be taken care of once I start sewing things together.
This is block # 129 from Sentimental Stitches Midget blocks and is called Springtime. Blocks 50-159 are free right now if you'd like to join in the fun.


I have also won some things or been gifted things over the past few weeks. Carla was so nice to pass along some silk YLI thread and I won a Kona charm pack from Connie. I have been working on a little thank you gift that I will post about later today..... if I can steal away into the sewing room for about 30 minutes to finish things off.


As for me - The boy is off for teacher in service today and is still snuffly. He so kindly passed it along to his sister who keeps trying to get the frog to jump out of her throat! (Mommy might have started that by putting my hand in front of her mouth and asking the frog to jump out!) Since he won't - she was 'ribbeting' and hopping around on the floor! Too funny. Her school called and a few VPK teachers are out sick today so that tipped the scales to keep her home today with a slight fever and sniffy nose. I see movie watching in our future today - as long as I don't have to have someone sitting on me, maybe I can get some stitches in on the apple quilt.

Yesterday we spent some time decorating cookies. The recipe for these wonderful sugar cookies can be found here - I use half the recipe and put about half of the baked but unfrosted ones into the freezer. Pumpkins and witch hats!


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Felt good to start the day with a chuckle :D
Hope everyone is well soon, dear. The sugar cookies will help. You are a good little mother.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Cute little block! Those sugar cookies are good for what ails us. ;-) Enjoy the movie - hope you get in a little sewing!

Kristie said...

Love the cookies! :) you block is nice also. You do so well on those tiny things.
Kristie

Ellen said...

Love the greens in your cute little block!