Saturday, October 26, 2013

Finish up challenge!

 Jo at Jo's Country Junction has issued a challenge to finish a Bonnie quilt up before Thanksgiving. Bonnie's  new mystery starts the day after Thanksgiving... so if we finish one we can start something NEW!!!!! Right?
I'm joining in her link up party on Saturday's to see progress.

My goal is to get this monster of a quilt top quilted and bound in the next month. I have a plan for the quilting using my walking foot and some squiggly lines. I have the backing 104x108. The batting is cut and just needs to be pieced (why oh why didn't I just buy a king size?). Then it will be time to roll it onto the boards for pinning. That means I need to clear off the sewing table so I have space to do that. That is the goal for next week - get it pinned.


Looking back - I have made a few of Bonnie's patterns. These are in no particular order and the patterns can be found at Quiltville.com in the free pattern section.

String X - a boo boo made it very unique. Gifted to Ms. Dawn - Aidan's VPK teacher.

Bricks and stepping stones- clearing out homespuns - gifted to my nephew Charlie 

Pineapple Blossom - binding will be finished this weekend and gifted next week.

Star Struck - scrappy - for Chrystal, the kids sitter at the gym in VT

Star struck - brights - for my niece Mindy as a graduation gift.


10 comments:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Best of luck finishing it by Thanksgiving, you can do it!! Beautiful quilts.

Sheila said...

Deadlines help me. I needed one to finish up Easy Street. So huge it was daunting to me. Got through it and entered it into a local quilt show. I'm currently working with Bonnie's Scrappy Happy Houses quilt pattern. Lots of fun making the happy houses. Made a quilt using her Crayon Box pattern for a grandson.
The new mystery quilt will be my fourth Bonnie Hunter quilt. Are you going to make the 111"x 111" or the 75"x 75"?

Amy said...

There isn't a Bonnie-quilt that I don't like!
Good luck on your Finish Goal. I should really do the same!!! :)

Mary said...

Looks like we are all in good company making Bonnie Quilts. This challenge will be good for me to get my latest Bonnie Quilt finished up before the next Mystery starts and it becomes a real UFO next year.

Ellen said...

You can do it!!! I really do like Bonnie's quilts and I have plans to make more of them in the future but I don't have any unfinished at the moment. I am really looking forward to this year's mystery!

Kristie said...

They all look amazing!!
Kristie

Laura said...

I found your blog through Jo. I made 2 Bricks and Stepping Stones as my first Bonnie quilts a few years ago, but LOVE yours with the homespuns and bright blue border. :-) Laura

Pokey said...

You will be so proud of this finish, your top is beautiful! So are the others shared here ~
:-}pokey

Moneik said...

I'm sure you'll have no problem finishing up your goal. Isn't it amazing what can be accomplished by setting a goal and a deadline. Good Luck!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful quilts and Bonnie's mysteries are always so much fun! I have my Lazy Sunday all pieced....just need to quilt it.