Monday, October 21, 2013

Design wall Monday....

Today on my design floor are my birds in the air blocks that I made last year through the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Our host Angela selects a color each month and the goal is to use up some scraps in that color.  It was so fun to make these blocks each month and I can't wait to put them together and then hand quilt (my first big hand quilting project) these over the winter. I know one or two are turned wrong and they will be moved around a bit before I sew them together sometime later this week. For the next two days I doubt I will have sewing time as the boy is home all day from school with the teachers having an inservice day. Today is errands while his sister is in VPK for three hours and tomorrow is a play date after we pick her up around 11AM. I also have some sugar cookie batter waiting in the fridge that needs to be baked and decorated sometime over the next two days as well. Today I'm hooking up with Design wall Monday over at Patchworktimes.




8 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love, love, love that quilt - of course, birds in the air is one of my favorite blocks! I plan to do one soon! I can't wait to see yours finished - and hand quilted, too! Good for you!

canuckquilter said...

I love the way these look all together. I'm adding Birds in the Air to my "must get around to it" list! I'm confident someone will be able to assist you in getting the cookies baked and decorated :) Have fun.

Gayle Bong said...

Love it! Just curious, why is the block in the bottom left corner turned different than the others? There's gotta be a reason.

Sheila said...

Love your happy, colorful, rainbow Birds in the Air quilt. You did good, girl :D

Angie said...

So happy to see all these blocks together! Have you decided on a quilting pattern? I will enjoy watching that process as well!

Julie in GA said...

Your Birds in the Air blocks look fabulous together! That block was a great choice for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Kristie said...

I love it! I admired your blocks the whole time you were making them. :)
Kristie

Quilter Kathy said...

Those sure are sparkly birds flying around there!