Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloween peels in black....

This week was spent doing some applique and I have added a couple more X and O blocks to the pile.

I do love how these are turning out and I wonder what color we get to play with for the month of November.... brown, pastels, white?

Head on over to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturday morning and see what other black and grey scraps have been worked into this month.

Have you seen that Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com has posted the colors for the fall mystery? Is anyone else joining in this year? I am! It will be my second mystery with her - which means that I really do need to pin, quilt and bind my Easy Street quilt in the next few weeks. The 97x97 dimensions to quilt on my little Viking machine are slowing me down from starting it, but since my deal with myself is it must be finished before I start the next mystery means I really do need to 'just do it' already!

I do know it will not get started this weekend. The kids are outside playing (I do love the cooler temps - 70's - so they are willing to go out and play!) before we head back to school this evening for the PTO trick or treating at school. Tomorrow I get to work and the kids will be at Grandma's for the day. It is the Cooter festival in her town and she will be bringing the kids there for a bit. Sunday.... if everyone is better and no relapses with colds/fever/ stomach bugs..... I'll take the kids to SeaWorld on Sunday for a few hours for the Halloween Spooktacular. I hope to get in to the Penguin exhibit. It was a 2 hour wait in 96 degree heat the last time we went - no way would we wait that long for it with 4 kids under the age of 7.

Next week will be busy as well - Monday night is a Math night for K+1st grades at the local Public Supermarket, Tuesday is the last Soccer game of the season, Wednesday we need to carve pumpkins and roast pumpkin seeds and Thursday is handing out candy for Trick or Treaters. Wow, that is a busy week. I think tonight after everyone is home and the kids are in bed, I'm going to curl up with a movie and finally finish the binding on the purple pineapple quilt.

17 comments:

Moneik said...

You've been very busy, but made great progress. I'm sure you'll get your mystery done so you can start the next one.

Sheila said...

Love your group peels! I hope November's color will be brown.
It was not easy to quilt EASY STREET on my domestic sewing machine. I plan to make Bonnie's next Mystery Quilt, but I will be making the smaller size. The 111'x 111' is too large for me to quilt.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

My goodness - you ARE going to be busy!! Hope you can find a few minutes here and there to do a little stitching.

Julie in GA said...

I am loving your applique peels, especially the way you have them joined to make x's and o's--fabulous!

sara said...

Beautiful job!I love your applique peels...

Cathy Tomm said...

Great black peels. I love to see these blocks all together. I am doing the BH mystery this year again. I also have to finish my Easy street.

Cathy said...

Love those peels and they make such a cute quilt.

I'm still thinking about BH Mystery this year. I skipped last year but I have the previous two years sitting unquilted (Roll Roll Cotton Boll and Orca Bay). I told myself I would not do another one until I finished those. I, too, quilt on my DSM.

Angie said...

Love how the orange peels have turned out! I don't think I will be doing Bonnie's mystery this year, although I'll be an avid follower. LOL on the Cooter Festival! When my folks lived in Sopchoppy they never missed the local Worm Gruntin Festival!

http://www.wormgruntinfestival.com/

Ellen said...

Your peels are just so cute. I didn't make Easy Street last year because the timing just wasn't right but I did save the instructions to make it sometime in the future.

I am really looking forward to the new mystery.

Edith said...

Really like your black peels and just love how all your blocks are looking together.

Katie Z. said...

Your peels are gorgeous!

I did Easy Street but think I will skip this fall. There are just too many things to get done!

Kristie said...

I love your peels!!! What size are those blocks?
Kristie

soscrappy said...

I had not seen the colors for the new mystery yet. Love to have the motivation of a new project to get an old one crossed off the list. I am so enjoying your pumpkin seeds. They might just be my next handwork on the go project. So many choices!

Cyn said...

Love your peel blocks!

Cyn said...

Hope you have good luck at Sea World. You are one busy gal! 💕

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love those peels! Good luck quilting Easy Street...

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Aren't the peels fun to applique. I need to finish the last half of my pumpkin peel so I can get to marking it for quilting. Hopefully it will get quilted this spring.