Friday, August 31, 2012

Quilt Square Along Reveal

This month was a catch up month for me. I am planning to do all of the blocks and put them into a quilt using the quilt as you go method and hand quilting each block. I'm using a big package of FQ's from the Kansas Troubles line that I got quite a few years ago. I am having so much fun using Lori Smith's patterns to make all these 12 inch blocks.

This month I made the second star block from the second pattern set.


I also made what I call the triangle block from the second pattern set.


Then I went back and did the applique block from the first pattern set.



Here is a picture of all my squares laid out on my dining room table- minus the applique block. Six have the hand quilting completed. One is in process and I have to prep the bottom three for their quilting still.


Head on over to Jo's Country Junction on the 1st to see all the other blocks people have been working on this month.

9 comments:

Andrea said...

Boy oh boy - these are looking amazing. It's going to be some quilt. Please tell me you're keeping this ? xx

Sarah said...

Wow this is looking absolutely stunning. I really like the colour and can't wait to see the finished quilt!

scraphappy said...

Awesome quilt so far! They all look great together.

Sheila said...

Beautiful blocks!!!!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! This is an awesome quilt! -Jeanne

Lynn said...

Love seeing all of your blocks together. I am having second thoughts now about putting them all together in a quilt, so I am glad you have shown your progress.

Jo said...

WOW...it will be a stunning quilt.

Quilter Kathy said...

These are sooo awesome! it's great to see them all together...aren't you loving it?!?!

make.share.give said...

These are beautiful! Love the colors.