Sunday, December 3, 2017

Sunday Dec 3....

 I am writing this post ahead in the hopes that I survive the drive in campout with Emily last night! We are seeing Coco with a few girl scout friends (a girl scout event for all the troops in the area!). We have a few from our troop just attending the drive in and one other staying overnight with us. This is the 3rd one Emily and I have done and she loves them. The owner is great and gives us a lot - dinner, popcorn and a refill and drink, tokens for the game room for the girls and then sets up the projector in the back area where we have tents set up and plays movies for us until about 2AM. There will be lots of games, a bonfire with smores and generally lots of fun. He also provides a hot breakfast in the morning!

Yes, I will be wiped out on Sunday... but making memories is worth it (just remind me of this late Sunday night!).

Practice tent set up.
After picking up the tent and packing things up and leaving the place cleaner than when we got there..... I'll stop for coffee on the way home, unload everything and then make some cookies for a cookie swap I am going to around 3PM today. I made the dough in advance and just need to roll it in the powdered sugar and bake them. This is the recipe from the Hershey's cook book.




I'll also make some ginger cookies too... cause they are quick!


I am taking my knitting with me cause Emily asked me to not bring my sewing! Silly girl =). It will be too dark to do sewing... hehehe.

Sunday night will find me unable to move from the recliner (did I mention sleeping in a tent on the ground Saturday?) and maybe I will have the strength and energy to add a few stitches to something. I am thinking some nice crochet on towels to send up to my Mom might be on the agenda.


Linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching.

12 comments:

Chris said...

I've never been camping nor ever slept in a tent. The things we do for our kids.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

years since we tent camped but did it a lot years ago - now we have a small motorhome!

Ellen said...

Sounds like a fun adventure. I hope you had an air mattress to sleep on. :)

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Sounds like you all had a good time. I never did like sleeping in a tent. Enjoy your crocheting. Have a great day!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Those cookies look delicious! I hope you aren't too stiff and sore from your camping adventure. Your daughter will remember the camping forever.

Deb said...

My back still remembers sleeping in a tent 30 years later but it is worth it for the memories later in life. I just bought a few dish towels to crochet tops on them a friend has asked me to make her some.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Definitely focus on those memories you're making! :) We did all those kinds of things with our boys when they were growing up and we still talk about them! Your cookies look yummy, and I do hope you have time for some relaxing in the recliner later today!

Suzanne said...

Moments together are always the best time spent in Life! Hope you did get some rest!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I have used that recipe, makes some great cookies and I always thought they looked festive. I feel for you sleeping in a tent they would have had to bring in heavy equipment to get me up again. Ha Ha Well, it's not quite that bad but the years do catch up with us.

CathieJ said...

Camping is not for me, I hope your trip goes well. I love Chocolate Crinkles. We make them each Christmas and other times of the year.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my goodness I am tired just reading about the activity!
Enjoy the recliner!

Moneik said...

I love those crinkle cookies! It's one of my favorite recipes.