Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Endless Diamond - found the original inspiration!

This photo popped up in my facebook memories today! This was the original quilt that I saw and fell in love with the pattern. 


This was my original attempt at drawing the block. I still have this piece of paper!


My version of the hand pieced block. Mine is a lot brighter than the original I am noticing.  A little bit of the brighter colors sure do make it sparkle. I have the 9th block in process and the 10th is already cut out and marked and sitting next to my chair. 


 

8 comments:

LA Paylor said...

yours sure does sparkle! Do you know the original designer to attribute? Do you know what it was called or the origin? Doesn't look too old in fabrics but that maker could have taken the pattern from olden days or designed it herself... it happens both ways. Anyway I love the pattern

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you were right on target when you figured out how to make the block! I like our brighter version, too. Sounds like you're moving right along with making them!

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

OH you did a wonderful job in the drawing and I really do like your version!!

Julierose said...

I tis such a lovely block you sketched out--your colors are so richly hued--nice work...Hugs, julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

you figured it out pretty down good to me

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Amazing block designing job!!! Colorful and fun, yes!!!

a good yarn said...

I saw this pattern on Pinterest today but I think it was called Endless Chain. Both versions look fabulous. I’m tempted.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That inspiration quilt is lovely, Deb. Your brighter version is going to be spectacular!!