Monday, September 28, 2020

Monday...

I was laying out the backing and batting and cutting what I needed with proper Cat supervision yesterday. 

Peanut inspected the pin bucket and all appeared in order. The quilt did get pinned for machine quilting. I hope to do some quick quilting on it this afternoon and make and attach the binding to the front.


 

I found the pinking rotary cutter blade and was busy cutting 20x20 squares of white muslin for the girls. Pinking rotary makes a mess of little bits everywhere! I still have a little bit to cut sometime this week. I knew I would not get them distributed yesterday so I delayed our meeting for a week to give me more time to deliver. I also need to get more hair ties.... my math always seems off when figuring out things times 2 for some reason!


The Endless Diamond block got completed as well yesterday. I stitched the last two binding lengths for the applique quilt and attached a couple of vines with pins for stitching tonight. I need to make some more vines and flowers at some point... and some leaves. At least I should have a couple of things to stitch while watching the hockey game tonight. 



5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW much good progress, Deb! I'm looking forward to seeing that Stars and Nines quilt completed. LOVE it!!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Stars and Nines is going to be wonderful! I'm really glad you didn't put all the stars in the same position - now they seem to be swirling around. Peanut obviously agrees with me, lol! Glad you are moving right along with it.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

good border progress! love that quilt

Julierose said...

Those stars just twinkle like crazy-))) so pretty..
I think your hand pieced blocks will look just amazing together, too.

I have only sewed two of my long (l o n g ) CS strips together--and those did not come out the same length--(here we go again)...so either I will sew coping strips on groups of two or "cut 'er off!!";000

I think the muslin squares that I sewed on stretched on some of them...
(ummm--couldn't be my measuring, right??)
Hugs Julierose

a good yarn said...

Important to have proper cat supervision. Peanut did an excellent job.