I got my Thursday off yesterday from work. I have no clue where the time went though!
I did pop to Joanns - and got 18 yards of white muslin and 2.5 yards of an animal print for girls scouts to make some non-sewing masks for their bronze. 4.99 with a 50% off helped keep it reasonable as I needed 2.5 yards per girl to make 10 masks (they are doing the bandana folding one!). I also hit Dollar Tree to get the stretchy hair bands for those.... and completely forgot the ziplock baggies. I just need to wash, cut and bag them up with cut card stock for the girls to write their care instructions on and folding instructions if they don't sew them instead. They have the option but not all have sewing machines. I need to distribute to the girls this weekend.... While there I also picked up some galaxy print backing width fabric that should work for the stars and nines and the cobblestone quilts which need quilting still. Some should be leftover to cover the 2 hand pieced quilts waiting for hand quilting as well.... and maybe a mask or two for the boy once they go back to school the next quarter/semester.
Back home, I got to sew a little while the kids were in school still. I finished up the 16 patch block in red and the second stashbuster block. I also cut for the 10 sweet confetti blocks but those are in process with step 1. Some endless diamonds white parts were cut as well. I have not been doing any hand work at night this week! I hope to finish the sweet confetti blocks off this afternoon and lay those out for a photo. I really need to make a design wall this weekend instead of using the floor! We will see if I get time or if I am hooked into coop building. Greg is working Saturday morning so he might be up to working on it in the afternoon.... but based on his week of pain I am guessing not.
|16 patch blocks|
This was from a couple of days ago when Em was cleaning the inside cage. I let the older ladies out of the coop and they were trying to figure out what these creatures are! 5 little in there... who are not so little anymore except Daisy Chickolotta the baby we got a couple of weeks ago in case Myrtle did not make it. Happy to report the antibiotics worked and she is breathing better now and growing.