Thursday, April 21, 2022

A busy Thursday....

 I started out the day in the blueberry fields! I did drop a kid off to school first though. Greg had already taken Emily who had an FFA exam this morning before school.


My basket was filled and close to 5 pounds of blueberries later (we won't mention all the testing that went on in the field!) I have a sheet pan and another pan in the freezer filled with berries. It is probably time to move them into quart size freezer bags. I have a few containers of fresh berries in the fridge for eating. Blueberries are great snacks!


After the berries were put away, I had the task of picking out fabrics for the first block of the Quilters Patch Quilt along. I am starting this a few months late, but I'll work along on it as I can. Selecting fabrics is the most difficult part I think. I still need to cut out the background parts for this block and hope to do that before I head off to pick up the kids from school.


I switched to prepping some fabrics for the EPP project of Brimfield Awakening. I'll have to find a container to put these in with the papers, scissors, needles and thread. I have a knitting dish cloth on the needles in the car right now, but as soon as that is finished it will be replaced with these parts.


First, I need to pop out and fill the car with gas and run the car through the car wash. With the smoke from a prescribed burn in the forest near my house yesterday and the construction of the road on the way to the school with all the dust, it could use a good wash. 






5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

thanks for the reminder - I need to get my car serviced and washed! love seeing the berries - I hope I will get a little off my bushes this year - even a quart for the first growing season would be nice - I've been getting strawberries but only a couple at a time right now

Julierose said...

Oooh those blueberries are looking yummy!!
That Brimfield Hall pattern will be so lovely I think.
Hugs for a good weekend Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Still really love your header quilt with the hexie blocks--will be waiting to see how this next couple of projects come along! I made blueberry muffins yesterday from some fresh picked blueberries my son gave me and have enough in the freezer for a second batch--these blueberries are 2-3 times the size of the ones in the store--and so sweet!!!
Walmart was a Zoo today--think someone opened the 'flood gates"--I immediately put on my mask--the chicken meat area was scarce but there was some there--I didn't get any as we do get chicken here once or twice a week--I did get some ground turkey for a turkey meatloaf on Saturday--though!!
We have had some really windy days over here this week--
hugs, di

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fresh blueberries? Jealous!!! Best of luck with that new handwork project, Deb.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yum on the blueberries! The you pick ones are always so delicious, compared to what you can get in the store. The Quilter's Patch sew along with the flower blocks looks like a fun one. Enjoy that EPP, too!