Thursday, April 7, 2022

Progress on the Memory quilt.

My hope was to get this all quilted today. Sigh. Storms this morning had me not ironing or using the sewing machine this morning. I did manage to get this quilt prepped and pinned for quilting. I have about a half hour.... I will head in and start the straight line quilting on it shortly. 

It will be a busy afternoon for us. After picking up the kids we have a good hour plus to kill before heading to the high school and doing Aidan's orientation and schedule for next fall. Of course... it falls today when Emily turns 13 - officially 2 teenagers in the house! She is ok with doing her birthday dinner tomorrow night, thank goodness. Since someone dislikes having her photo taken... how about this one from when she was an adorable toddler!


 I did just pop to Publix to pick up her requested cake for her birthday. That will be a nice after orientation treat I think.

4 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

she sure was a cute little thing in that photo- they grow up so fast

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Birthday to your girl! Two teenagers now - oh boy! I love the look of the memory quilt with it's dark blues and pops of brighter colors here and there. Hope the storms let up so you can get it quilted soon. Enjoy that birthday cake tonight!

Moneik said...

Wow! How is she 13 already? I remember when she was born. HS orientation? I did middle school orientation a few weeks ago and I'm not ready!

Canuck Quilter said...

Congratulations to your new teenager. As trite as it sounds, time does fly! My April 7th baby turned 21 this year.