Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Hand quilting.

I saw this guy on my walk last night. I had never seen it before and this is an up close photo zoomed in. It was on top of a yard orange stick to mark the edge of the lawn. Big wings and a redish orange body?. 

I have been stitching away and this is where I left off last night.


A shot of what I was working on Sunday.



3 blocks of the 20 are quilted. Each block has 24 pieces and I am just hand quilting 1/4 inch along the sewing lines of everything.

I stopped and picked up some chicken and yogurt needed for the Chicken Tikka Masala tonight. Geez, the bird flu really has knocked off the chicken availability. At Sams last night there were no whole birds or parts other than wings and legs available in the fresh section. I did not check the frozen section as I have some in the freezer already. I managed to cut up what I needed for a double batch tonight and then cut the remaining breasts into thinner parts and seal a mealed them for the freezer in 1 pound portions. I need to find more veggie meals I guess. Tomorrow night will probably be veggie lo mein - everyone likes that and it will help to clear out the veggie crispers! 



 

3 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I hadn't stocked up on chicken for a little bit but didn't notice it last time - about 2 weeks ago? I will need to check but ok on it for a couple weeks to a month. Good projects you have going!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm not sure what that bug is, but he looks huge! Looks like your quilting is going along well - isn't it fun when your quilt starts to have more and more of that nice texture? I haven't noticed about the chicken either, but headed to the store in just a little bit. I'll have to see how we are out here with chicken in stock.

Florida Farm Girl said...

The critter is a dragonfly of some sort. I know one when I see it but don't ask me what kind. They're good to have around. We haven't tried to buy chicken lately but I'm sure we'll notice the next time. That avian flu is hitting wild birds heavily also.