Friday, April 15, 2022

Friday


I have been working on hand quilting the Endless Diamond quilt this week. Well... I took a few days off from hand work to rest my wrist. I was having issues lifting things with my right hand so was thinking it needed some rest after all the binding and embroidery on the memory quilt and the hand stitching on the hexagons. It is feeling much getter now so I am back to evening stitching.

The magnolia tree is full of blooms and these were the first couple to open this week. 
Emily and I are off for a mani/pedi this afternoon as soon as I log off from work. The kids are off school today.
I suppose the house needs a deep clean before my ILs come over on Sunday for Easter. That will be tomorrow's task. 
I kept asking the kids if the wanted baskets and the egg hunt on Sunday... they are 13+14. No real answer. Greg took the kids to school one day this week and he indicated they wanted the candy. When I asked, they said ' we never said that!'. Hmmmm. I went outlast night and got some candy. I think I'll fix the baskets and hide them in my closet and see what they do that morning. I might also hide plastic eggs with candy .... outside? Still thinking on that one. Will have to check the weather...



5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, I am sorry your wrist is bothering you! That's a hard one when you do so much hand stitching. Does it help to ice it? I've been trying to get my hubby to ice his wrist that is bothering him since doing some yard work the other day. (Of course, he won't!) Those magnolias are going to be beautiful! Have a fun Easter!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I really need to start getting a mani-pedi they are so relaxing I don't know why I don't do it more. Wrist and fingers do tend to get bothered with all the hand work we do sometimes you just have to do less for awhile and then it gets better. Have a good Easter!

Julierose said...

Sorry about your wrist problem; I've found that total rest for a week or soo helped my thumb and wrist to recover..
Hope your Easter is Happy hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

I can't recall how old the guys were when we stopped the annual egg hunt. Probably about Em and Aidan's age. Enjoy you magnolia blossoms, Deb, and happy quilting! It's ok to pace yourself, you know?

Emily said...

This is such a sweet and special quilt. How wonderful that you was able to create and construct this for the young recipient.
បាការ៉ាត់អនឡាញ