Friday, April 1, 2022

Spring 2022 UFO Challenge.

Well, same list with one thing removed that was completed in Winter 2022 Challenge - the Hexagon Quilt as You Go was completed!  I am hoping for a much more productive quarter.

Finish #1 - #30 Memory Quilt for Olivia. April 2022.



Block Collections.


1.) I know I have at least one more cut and in a baggie somewhere to fill that open spot for a 7x6 setting. These are hand pieced.... and might need a little fixing along the way.




 2.) Hexagon flowers on a black background. These are a stack of blocks I hand pieced a few years ago then hand appliqued to the black background a couple years after that!  Not sure if they will become one or two quilts....




3.) Crumb blocks.... might these end up in a quilt? Or the start of some baskets?





4.) Sweet Confetti blocks - I have 96 of these made.... need to be put together and quilted.




***5.) Midget Applique quilt from Sentimental Stitches. I need to add  more flowers and leaves and the vines... and the bottom yellow border. This one is completely hand pieced.




6.) Ella Maria Deacon blocks - make a few more and finish them off into a top. I believe I was making these by hand. Patterns from Sentimental Stitches.



7.) Purple applique hearts... need to figure out how they want to be set.



8.)  this quilt that has been an on and off, leader and ender for years. My scrappy irish chain. I believe I had a bucket of 2 inch squares next to my sewing machine for a while and would make sets, and rows and blocks in between sewing other things. I think it wants to get competed.


9.) Midget block collection - I started these in Vermont in 2010! I have a light blue for sashing.



10.) Civil War Blocks





****11.) Endless Diamond Blocks - Currently in the hoop being hand quilted!





12.) Birds in the Air block collection

13.) Harmony - hand pieced project started March 2021- one 28 inch block completed - 3 to go.




14.) Cat and mouse is on the frame in process of hand quilting but has been sadly neglected.




15.) Erin's Butterfly ( I just didn't want to renumber things so throwing this one on here!) I made the wings in 2021. This year hope to applique to the background and add the body and antennea. Also need to add one  more set of wings... thinking 9 is a nice number?




16) This one stayed on the list - needs quilting. Vermont Quilt Festival Booth Hop from either 2008 or 2009. I have backing for this and it is 71x71.




17.) Green Tumblers - a hand pieced top. 



18.) Hoarfrost - top is done will it get quilted this year? **Snowflake gray backing






19.) Baby Bear Paw quilt top ** Made back from a class in 1999 I think from Yankee Pride. ** Polka dot backing



20.) Trip around the World



21.) Y2K Joann's BOM - quilt top


22.) Tumbler flag - this did not come out how I imagined.... It might get reinvented after taking parts out. We will see. **Suggestion to make it wider. 



23.) 1857 Quilt Along Top



24.) Spring Hexagons - not sure if this wants to be bigger or not.... 





25.) FCQG baby quilt challenge. 40x48 have a backing for this. ***Polka dot backing




26.) Triple Irish Chain - green. 80x80 I think. I did find both fabrics extra with it... Might need a green or cream border first or both... Made in the early 2000's.




27.) Garden Path blocks - a few more got added last quarter. missing purple, orange and light green and maybe dark blue.



28.) RSC 2021 quilt squares





29.) Full Stop Sew along.... 2021 . Re thinking this one - might eliminate some of the white space.

30 - *** Completed in April. Memory quilt for Olivia. The size on this one is for a queen size bed. Changed to use lots of clothing memories not just jeans..... currently had 41 of 49- 12 inch blocks made. I think I have all the fabrics prepped now... just need to sew, sew, sew.


Progress.



    













5 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

OMG so many projects - you shouldn't' have trouble picking one out to get going on next. Are those midget blocks ones there were offered free years ago on line. I don't remember who had those. I remember when I was making my Dear Jane quilt I was collected those block patterns and then when I got done with DJ I wasn't the least interested in doing another quilt with that size

Ray and Jeanne said...

You have choices! I always love it when I have a list and know what's waiting to be done. Early on I would put things away and forget about them. You have some beautiful quilts very close to being finished - I bet we'll see progress this spring! ~Jeanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of beautiful projects, Deb! You can't go wrong, whichever one you choose to work on. I need to get back to work on Full Stop, too - I've been putting that off!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

So many pretty projects that you have in the works , Deb. I look forward to seeing which on moves to the forefront for finishing. Have a very lovely weekend. Happy quilting.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing which quilt is finished next, Deb!!