Sunday, April 24, 2022

Sunday stitching

I am adding some hand quilting stitches into the Endless Diamond quilt as my son overtook the living room tv to watch the F1 race this morning. Lets just say hubby and I are learning a lot about F1 racing over the last year. I think he is enjoying his birthday present of the F1 app to watch the test runs and races. 


Yesterday, Emily's friend met us at Painting with a Twist and we enjoyed a couple hours of painting. 

The girls did a great job.



Emily snapped me with my painting.

Today Emily has horses... it is still up in the air who brings her. I would love to prep and pin a quilt for machine quilting (and I should do my last girl scout finance report due next month). We will see what happens. I do have knitting in the car for a dish cloth that could use some stitches if I am tasked with the trip to horses. 
Yesterday the oil got changed in the car and I picked another 4+ pounds of blueberries for the freezer. So far a blueberry tea bread has been eaten from the Thursday picking. I might go one more time as there is another week or two of blueberry picking. We won't mention how many I ate as I was picking!
Linking up with Kathy and the other Slow Sunday Stitchers.


7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The painting looks like it was fun! Our son is also a big F1 and Indycar fan, so we've learned a lot about it in recent years. Even went to a race with him once, and it turned out to be really fun! Hope you enjoy your stitching (and blueberries) today!

Julierose said...

Aidan must be happy that Verstoppen won --again!! We, well, not so much...I'd like to see Aston Martin or Haas place for a change...altho' McClaren did get a 3rd today...Tom got us doughnuts to watch with--yummy--a special once a year treat...
Your quilting looks lovely on the endless diamond piece...
Hugs, Julierose

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely stitching, and how great to have a painting day! Funny thing was, this past week I was going through a bin of my miniature house stuff to put out for the garage sale yesterday and I found a little envelope of vintage girl scout buttons when I was in the girl scouts 60 years ago!

linda said...

The quilt in your header is stunning as I'm sure the diamond quilt will be once it's done, lovely painting too. Thank you for your visit today and great that you are going to try the sugar free May with me, I have one last bit of chocolate once I've eaten that not another piece will pass my lips haha. Have a great week.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun - even if there was no wine at your paint party, Deb!! Did you end up having to do the horse trip? I'm hoping that you were able to stay home and prep for machine quilting. The Endless Diamond quilt is going to be SEW gorgeous!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

fun time painting I bet - I used to do that with a friend some years ago. Blueberries sound great for sure I hope I get a little bit from my plants

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh how fun painting and stitching :)