Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday in pink...

I got a late start in the sewing room today. Horses with Emily this morning and then lunch. I figured the house needed a bit of picking up (floors are mopped and things are dusted. One kid is on the back porch clean up and one has their bathroom to clean. Hubby said he would vacuum... I just need to pick up and clear off the table and hutch in the dining room and clear off all the surfaces in the kitchen... mainly the middle island.) I might have spent some time setting up my new laptop. My 12 year old Mac finally bit the dust and would not charge anymore (the cat decided to eat the wire!) so we ordered a new charging cord. Well, it worked a few times and then nothing. Hubby ordered me a new laptop - got a Dell this time instead of a Mac. Took a while to log into everything and reset things and get things settled. When I did wander into the sewing room, 
I found the bucket of red and pinks and sorted them....
I got this pile of scraps. I managed to find enough parts that had a 2.5 inch size to cut some squares for a couple of 16 patch blocks.

Ta da.... some 16 patch squares that really need a pressing. 



I think some mindless sewing of those bits and pieces into some crumbs might happen this week. We will see.



 

4 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Mindless sewing can be so enjoyable! Your 16 patches in pink are really pretty - I love pink scraps!

Julierose said...

What a lot of pretty pinks...it should be fun sewing those mindless blocks this week. i want to make some more Ojos soon...hugs, Julierose

The Joyful Quilter said...

Kudos on getting those PINK 16-Patch blocks sewn for the RSC!! It looks like you have a few bits that are ready for the trash, Deb. Can you believe I just said that? LOL!

Cathy said...

Oh, just seeing that variety of pinks scraps makes my mouth water, LOL. Cute blocks. I have a ton of pink four patches that are calling my name too!