Sunday, April 17, 2022

Easter Sunday and a new project!

 Happy Easter! I think I am ready for company. My In-laws are coming over for appetizers and the traditional Easter Ham meal in the early afternoon. Things are picked up and prepped and after I grab a shower, I think I might begin the prep work for my new project. 


The Brimfield Awakening block. The charm packs are big enough for the templates so they should work for this project. A big Thank You to Karen for passing along the templates.  I have the pattern, EPP papers and the templates so I am all set to begin. This will probably be a long term project and be my car line work waiting on the kids. I'm not sure what the background will be yet, but I'll work on making the EPP part first and worry about what I will applique it down to later. Any advise? This is my first foray into EPP.  Linking up with the other slow Stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts

My night time stitching is hand quilting on the Endless Diamond Quilt. This one was hand pieced from a template I created, based on a photo from Facebook in 2015. It is very happy to be out of the waiting line and getting some stitches added to it each night.




5 comments:

CathieJ said...

That new block you are planning is really pretty. I am going to enjoy watching your progress. Enjoy your quilting. I hope you had a Happy Easter.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hope you had a nice Easter meal with the family! I hosted my mom and some other extended family here today, too, and it was very enjoyable. I love the Brimfield Awakening block - enjoy your stitching!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Enjoy your new handwork project, Deb, and happy quilting!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I am so glad those templates finally arrived for you - they were gathering dust on my shelves of quilting items no longer used I really thought they had gotten lost in the mail they were taking so long to get to you.

Quilter Kathy said...

I'm so excited about your new project... what a fun block!
And lovely to see your diamonds in the hoop :)