Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday binding stitching....

Every week Kathy reminds us to slow down and breathe with a few deep breaths and some relaxing slow stitching. Today I will be doing that while hand stitching the binding down to the back of the Memory quilt I have been trying to get finished for the last 9 months! I have 336 inches of binding to stitch down and then a label to make and apply before I can contact the new owner and arrange pick up. I saw her yesterday at horses and said it should be ready mid week for pick up. The smile that lit up her 16 year old face was amazing to see. I really hope she likes it. It is a memory quilt made from clothing from both her parents who she has lost in her young life. 

Trimming after quilting.


I made the binding from cut offs from the backing fabric. That will be hand stitched down today and possibly Monday and Tuesday evening. I'm shooting for a movie marathon today to get the majority of it stitched.


Linking up with the other slow stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.

Once this is done..... I can get back to the other slow stitching projects in process - quilting on Endless Diamonds, knitting a dish cloth that is living in the car, and applique of butterfly's to their background. I like to have options of what to work on based on what I feel like working on at any given time! 


9 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Always good to have options! I will be doing some hand stitching today too…binding a quilt I just finished.
Lovely memory quilt for your young friend.

Quilter Kathy said...

What a wonderful gift full of memories! Enjoy your movies and binding!

Karrin Hurd said...

Lovely quilt! Happy stitching and hope you have a great week!

CathieJ said...

What a wonderful keepsake for that young lady. Enjoy your stitching.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Hooray for being almost there with the memory quilt! I didn't realize who you were making it for - what a hard thing to have lost both parents at such a young age. It will be great to get this off your plate, too - enjoy stitching that binding!

Kim said...

The memory quilt is lovely. The sixteen year old will cherish her amazing quilt forever.

Jenny said...

Memory quilts are very special. How sad that this young person has lost both of her parents, and very kind of you to take on the challenge of making this quilt from their clothing.

Ray and Jeanne said...

The end is in sight for this special quilt. The recipient will treasure this forever. ~Jeanne

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Gosh the poor girl, that is very sad, I hope the quilt will bring her some comfort,
Jillxo