Monday, August 15, 2022

Binding time....

 After trimming the front shrubs Sunday morning and then making chicken enchilada soup (I know it is feels like 100 but I was in the mood for soup!). I also got the maple ice cream processed and into the freezer to harden up. It was time to visit the sewing room. I had this 40x48 little quilt that I made years ago with the Franklin County Quilters Guild. I had prepped a backing and found that my battings were just a hair short.... so I just put 2 together and we will see how it holds up! After pinning, I did some easy machine quilting on the diagonal. I found the blue fabric I used in the quilt and made a binding and attached it to the front. I'll work on stitching that down this week for another quilt top moved to the finished pile!



3 comments:

Julierose said...

This is such a pretty blue and white quilt..nice size to work on too...
Our humidity has dropped quite a bit and we have only 81 degrees at noon...
nice for deck sitting--I will be hand quilting out there for a bit...
hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it looks great - sometimes I make soup or chili in the summer too - we are in the A/C after all so why not - I make baked potatoes in the oven too :) all summer long I prefer them oven baked to microwave

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a pretty one! I love the blue and white combination. Isn't it a great feeling to get an older top finished up?