Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Granny Squares

This is my storage basket for the yarns and completed granny square blocks I have been crocheting. I just counted 28 - 6 inch squares and I know I have another, one round away from being finished. There are lots of the medium blue and one more skein of that color. I have 2 more of the dark and one of the light country blue. I tucked in the 2 grey and 2 creams just in case I want to use one of them as the joining color, but I have not decided yet. I think I'll keep stitching these up, using the 2 darks, light and medium blue and then lay them out and figure out a layout. That should give me another 32ish blocks to work with.

Another perspective in stacks. I have the least amount of the lightest blue.




It was a 2 car pick up yesterday. I picked up the boy at normal time and sent hubby to get the girl later. She had the first FFA meeting of the year so got out an hour later than normal. Usually, that is an easy line as all the kids had been picked up. We had a torrential downpour with thunder and lightning in the area (I got to drive through it - not fun!) so they held the middle school release for 20 minutes. That delayed the car line and the busses leaving so he got stuck in a lot of traffic by the school still picking up kids. The good news - I got home before 4PM! I'm looking forward to that next year with both in HS. 

 

5 comments:

Julierose said...

You do have quite a busy schedule!! Your granny blocks are so pretty...i like all the colors you have chosen, too. Hugs, julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I'm hoping your school line pick up will improve with time! good crocheting - I have one I plan to start at the end of September -easier to work on crochet in a car then sewing I think

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see your collection of yarn and squares! That combination will make a pretty blanket. Do you know how many total squares you need?

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Great granny squares. Perhaps you could take those to stitch in the car. I think I read you weren't getting time to cross stitch so far this year. Lucky kids to have such a good mom with the pick ups.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Before you know it, the boy will be driving and you will no longer have to navigate the pick-up line!