Sunday, August 21, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching.

Various bits of hand stitching have been happening this morning. I finished the last edge of the binding of this 40x48 inch quilt. I made the blocks along with my old guild. I believe the pattern was from quilterscache. I just did a simple diagonal walking foot on it for quilting. It would have loved hand quilting, but I never could figure out what to do on it so simple machine quilting and it is done. I'm sure this will get donated at some point.

The other hand stitching has been repair work. The dog gets the tug animals taken away when they rip. He enjoys pulling the stuffing out way too much!  He does love this owl and the moose and both needed some stitches so the stuffing stays in.
 



A happy dog trying to shake the stuffing out of the moose! Silly dog.


His quilt on the floor needs washing but these butterfly's need some repair work first. I'll finish fixing these and then his quilts can get a turn in the wash. I know hubby handed me 2 quilts .... yikes, earlier this year for 'repairs'. I suppose I should go find them and see what needs fixing. 


Linking up with the other slow stitchers at Kathy's quilts.


7 comments:

Julierose said...

Repair work is going to happen here too--When DH retired (22 yrs ago now!!) I made him a quilt and the binding is all fraying--I hate to pull it all off as it is a really neat fabric--I wonder if I could instead patch it where it has frayed? Hmmm--appliqueing over the frayed areas?? S I G H
Nice that you got that quilt all done--congratulations...always a great feeling to finish up...;)))
hugs julierose

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh yes - quilt repair and dog toy repair - the hand stitching tasks I dislike :)
Congrats on finishing the blue and white UFO - very pretty!

Anonymous said...

I’ve done some dog toy and quilt repairs too. Not my favourite tasks but good to get them done and out of the sewing room. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

Linda said...

Repair work can be tedious, but so worth it.

Miaismine said...

Doesn’t it feel good to have a beautiful finish?
Yes, dogs do love to pull the stuffing out of their toys!
Happy Stitching!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Pretty finish on the blue and white quilt! I bet your simple quilting is perfect for for it. Repair doesn't sound fun for your hand-stitching, but it will be a good feeling to get those chores accomplished!

CathieJ said...

My daughter's dog does the same thing with the stuffed animals and my daughter is not adept at the repairs. The last time I visited I sewed a few toys back together. I need to make up a simple repair kit for my daughter to have on hand. Your latest quilt finish is really pretty. I hope you can find and repair those other quilts. Have a great week.