Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Starting Quilters Patch- Cosmos

 One of my Facebook groups has a sew along that started back in January with this book. I am a bit late to the party but did plan on making it along with them. I purchased the 9+ yards of backing last fall in preparation for it. The rest will come from the fabric wall.  I'm happy to say that I got my first block completed on Sunday! 



My Cosmos blocks have lots of pieces but came out pretty well. Linda is way ahead on this one making a block every couple of weeks. I'll try and 'catch up' a bit. I'll shoot for one block a week. I think that will be manageable with the kids heading back to school on the 10th. That will give me more car time and less machine time after working. Don't worry, I have 3 hand work projects that I can take in the car with me. I remember the first few weeks of pick up line are terrible with the waiting times. I'll have one in high school and one in middle school but the schools are next to each other. I have informed the older one he gets to walk to the car in the middle school line despite him getting out of school 20 minutes earlier than his sister.


6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a gorgeous quilt - I love all the different flower blocks! Your first one looks great. Crazy car lines and traffic patterns at schools must be typical all around the country! One of my former co-workers, the music teacher, even made a funny video about it last year. I'll have to see if I can dig it up and share it. Can't believe it's time for school to start already!

Julierose said...

Oh I have that book too--mostly figured it would be way too difficult for me--your Cosmos blocks are just lovely...good luck with ferrying this year...I do remember those days...hugs, Julierose

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

it was so different when I went to drop off or pick up my girls at school - most kids took the bus but we were getting lazier when they reached high school and didn't want to get up as early so I would drop off and pick up and there was no long line. It was different about 20 years later I would pick up my niece or nephew at the same schools (but the grade school) a longer process. (but that has already been close to 20 years ago the cousins are many years apart in age LOL)
I have seen this quilt somewhere as a completed quilt - pretty

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Scrappy Irish is wonderful, Deb. And this one is off to a wonderful start too. You will enjoy it I know.
With older grandson graduated now from high school, my pitching in to pick up sometimes is over. Kind of sad for me.

Ellen said...

That's a really cute quilt pattern. I'm looking forward to watching your progress.

Moneik said...

How is Aiden in HS already! We've been friends a LONG time!