Monday, August 22, 2022

What I've been listening to.

I have been listening to free audiobooks on my Libby app through my local library. Here are a few that I have 'read' in the last few weeks. I have a good 40+ minutes of car time each day without kids to listen during the week.

I listened to The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner. It took a bit to get into, but it was really good as it progressed.



A new series I started is by Cleo Coyle - Coffeehouse Mysteries. The first book is On What Grounds and the second is Through the Grinder. I'm enjoying this series and learning about different coffee drinks as it revolves around a coffee house in NYC.

A series I am almost done with is written by Diane Mott Davidson - The Culinary Mystery Series.  I finished Killer Pancake and Dark Tort just became available to listen to. 

I am currently listening to Sunflower Sisters by Martha Hall Kelly. It is set in the time of the beginning of the Civil War. It is told from a few different perspectives.


While being the driver this weekend, I got a little stitching in and finished the frame on the first autumn sew along stamp. She has released all 9 plus a bonus pear, but I am still working on the first one. I split the thread, so it is not perfect, but I expect I'll get better at it as I go along. It has been a long time since I have done this.



 I am finding I don't have time to stitch in the car line this year! I swing through the HS pick up and get the boy then wait on the road to get to the middle school. Alas, no stitching time since I work until 3 and it takes a good 20-25 minutes to get to the school for the first 3:25 pick up. I really hope things change once the after school programs start up next week. Time will tell. 

Sorry for the blurry photo - but Bear was so happy once his moose got stitched back together. I think he slept with it last night!



3 comments:

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Bear looks so sweet with the moose!!!
I keep saying I am going to get into reading-again--but so far--it hasn't happened and I don't think audio works well for me--I forget to 'listen'--my mind wanders all the time!!
I did get all 9 frames in on the cross stitch and have 5 stamps done and almost the 6th one--but then I put alot of time in it last week--this week I need to do some other things!!
hugs, di

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I liked Jane Austen Society, and have read Lilac Girls, but not this new one from that writer - will have to look for it! The two series you mentioned sound good, too. Glad you're getting in some listening time on the way to school pick-ups. Melisa's Autumn SAL has some cute designs - I bet you'll enjoy them!

Julierose said...

Bear looks so happy (as only doggies can, right??) to get his Moose pal back!! ;)))
Hope your week gets better... hugs, Julierose