Sunday, August 28, 2022

Weekend wrap up.

With the amount of rain we have been getting the last few days, I think I need to get the kayaks down from the top of the shed. The pool will get an inch or two of water let out again today before we get more rain this afternoon. For all those who need rain - I so wish I could send you some!

Emily did get her horse riding in yesterday morning. Tuesday was her first FFA meeting after school and I sent Greg to pick her up while I got Aidan and was home around 4! I could get really used to that next year with both in HS. Friday - I got him and was home a little after 4 and then went back for her later. She stayed for the first BASH after school. Their version of a social event rather than the dances I grew up with. Her friend Jasilyn came over after with her Mom for a couple of hours. She really wanted to see all the animals. Bear was loving her up just like he does with Em. 

I did not do much stitching this week. Something about forgetting to take my medicine at night for a couple of nights.... I guess it really does work since I know if I miss a day or two. Depression is real and if you have that feeling of not wanting to do anything.... see a doctor as the meds do help! I'm on the lowest dose and it helps a lot.

I did get into the sewing room yesterday afternoon and cut and pieced my second orange garden path block for the month. It joined the collection. I think I just need 2 more light greens to add to the mix.


I also did this little orange hexagon coaster for the TSC2022. I had started some embroidery on it ... but I did not like how it looked so I took it out. 


Today was F1 race day after 3 weeks off for their summer break. Quite an exciting start to the race! I did a little crochet. I need to find more medium yarn to finish off that small one. It looks like a rainy afternoon for us again starting around 3PM.... so maybe I'll hang out with Ollie in the bedroom, watch a movie and add some stitching to the cat and mouse quilt. First off - I need to tackle trimming the back shrubs while Greg and Emily are cleaning the chicken coop and Aidan needs to mow the lawn before the next deluge of rain begins. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday.






Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, Table Scrap Challenge and Slow Sunday Stitching.








5 comments:

Julierose said...

F1 note: there is no stoppin' Verstoppen this year;)))
Anyway--glad you are feeling more like yourself--I totally get that.
The Orange block is really pretty with all the colors around it...
Still no appreciable rain here!! Just some very brief spits!! Talk about hayfield lawns...Take care hugs, julierose

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

We could definitely use some of that rain out west here. It's been a very dry summer. I really love those garden path blocks - such a pretty design. Glad you recognized you needed your medicine and took care of yourself! Hugs to you!

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful blocks and crochet. I could sure use the rain in Northern California too. We have been in the 100's for the past couple of weeks, are going to have a few days in the high 90's and then back to 105-107 by Thursday. No rain in sight! Hope you have a great week!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I didn't realize you had depression, one of my daughters does for years now and admitting it and taking the medication certainly does help!!
Have fun with the kayaks!

Linda said...

Hubby watches F1 too. Nice stitching this week.