The county waited until 3PM yesterday to cancel after school activities today (no concert for Emily!) and cancel school Wednesday and Thursday to prep them for shelters. Today, the just sent a notice that Friday is now also a day off. One day make up May 30th and the other 2 are forgiven. I think both kids would have been happier with today off as well as both had a test today!
I took my lunch break and cleared out the master bedroom closet a bit so we can fit 4 people (the kids got bigger since the last storm went through 6 years ago!) 2 cats and the dog in the crate. Hopefully it won't be needed but it is cleared out just in case. That is the tornado safe space if needed.
The latest track moved east again through Tampa Bay and then inland near/through us. What will actually happen, no one knows but Mother Nature. It should calm down over land but there will be lots of rain and wind over a good span of time - a full day or two. We will see if the power stays on or not!
Both my in-laws appear to be all prepped for the storm. Now it is a waiting game.
I've been doing my relaxing therapy and adding more stitches into the bear paw quilt. I am using a stencil that I have had forever and finally get to use it!