Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Hand quilting progress on Frosty.

 I have yet to find an empty spray bottle to spritz out the blue marker. I need to pop out to a dollar store and find one later I guess. I'll start on the third Frosty tonight.


As you know, I am always trying to figure out dinner around here. I had pulled some carnita meat out of the freezer over the weekend and never got them into cubans. I made some white rice and added lime juice and cilantro and have been having some of the rice, meat with a nice heap of homemade pico for lunch. I added an avacado today. Yummy.
Last night was a late night for Emily, so I came up with grilled greek herbed chicken, homemade tzatziki, hummus and a greek salad (green salad with feta, kalamata olives, tomato, cukes and scallion) with some pita bread. I have leftovers for lunches once the carnita meat is done tomorrow.
Tonight will be roasted zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and onion with some sweet italian sausage and pasta with that cuban bread made into garlic bread since it didn't get used for cubans. 
Tomorrow night will be lemon chicken and capers with a green veggie. Maybe over rice or couscous, the kids love rice though.
Thursday, I kinda got 2 bags of mini avacado's on Sunday (the first bag was under something and I didn't notice until I got home there were 2! 6 mini's for under $2 was a great deal) and they should be ripe tomorrow and Thursday, so it will be taco meat and they can put it on a salad or in soft tacos with guacamole. I am going to try and freeze the others and see how that goes. 

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The Frosties are looking great! Hope you find a spray bottle and get the blue lines out successfully. I have one of those blue marking pencils, but have never used it, but it sounds like the lines usually do. Your meals always sound delicious! How do you make tzatziki?

Julierose said...

Your meals always sound so delicious, Deb. So creative, too.
Can i ask on Erin's Butterfly blocks, I started one today ==what size background did you use--larger than 12.5" ? I made one all in light purples and pinks and am searching for the center and background...What a fun project; I knew when I saw yours I'd have to try some...;)))
Hugs, Julierose

Anonymous said...

Slice or cube the avocado before freezing. I usually freeze the pieces on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Once frozen, I put the pieces in a plastic freezer bag. You can easily pull out what you need. The frozen avocado lasts quite a while in the freezer.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I always find spray bottles by the cleaning supply isles - I use one that is quart size I think by the hair supply isles they have smaller ones

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

You are making fabulous progress on Frosty, Deb. I am still swooning over him in blue :) Such yummy meals that you had planned for the week.